Academy in Harahan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I passed by the Academy in Harahan and they now have a sign that says you can only buy a certain amount per day of the popular calibers. They have also moved all the popular calibers to the customer service counter. I was wondering how they were going to monitor the new rule but if you have to ask for it then I guess they could tell if you went to your car and put the ammo in your car and came right back in to buy more. They don't have much space where it is so I am guessing they don't really plan on getting large amounts or keeping large amounts. I was not aware the last time there was this sort of panic but does anybody remember how long it took before the panic died down and ammo started showing back up on shelves. I just can't believe that manufacturers are not trying to pump out tons of stuff in order to makes some money.
    The good thing about the ammo being up front is that you can tell right away if they have anything instead of walking all the way back to the gun counter. Also, they said they now put the ammo out at night because the demand is so great. Just so you know they only had .45 and not much of it at all.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    As long as people can buy it all up and sell it for $1 rd it won't get better. When people stop paying $800 for used Glocks and $1,000 a case for ammo prices will go down. Gun owners are the reason the gun community is suffering.

pallnet

I like chicken..
    Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Slidell
    Sunday morning I was at the slidell location and they have done the same with their ammo. No more special trips to Academy for me, time to just sit on what I have and wait for a deal.
    pallnet

Top Bottom