Academy new ammo prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    This is all planned. Make shooting so expensive that most people can not afford it. After a few generations interest in shooting drops off and makes it much easier to regulate guns. Guns are not illegal in Europe. You just have to be rich to shoot over there.

I think it's just a supply and demand problem for right now, but if Biden and the Democrats get their way, that's exactly what will happen. It's part of their plan. Make it so expensive to aquire, maintain and shoot a firearm that the average person can't afford one, and if you can afford one make the laws so strict that it's basically illegal to take it out of the safe.
    This is something that we cannot let happen!

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Since the last (previous) ammo shortage and price gouging episode, I had to look for another way to scratch my itch to shoot. Don't laugh - I discovered the German- MadeUmarex line of CO2 .177 cal pellet air handguns -clones of many popular mfr's and models. Umarex owns Walther. Their metal
    handguns look and feel like the real thing - size, weight and balance very close. The Sig 225, Beretta 92, Colt 1911 and Walther P88 that I own use an 8
    rnd "clip" and are accurate. Can shoot them inside whenever the wife isn't home. A cardboard file box with a piece of carpet as the first (back) layer, pack full with newspaper full depth, lid taped on, turn on side and thumbtack homemade xerox targets on the lid. Greasy kid stuff? Maybe so! Check out Amazon, E-Bay, Pyramid Air, AirGun Depot.
    Back when I started a few years back, they were $90 to $140 apiece. Some models have almost doubled in cost. Cost, accuracy and quality of pellets in many configuration varies immensely - BUT nothing to compare with present 22LR costs.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Since the last (previous) ammo shortage and price gouging episode, I had to look for another way to scratch my itch to shoot. Don't laugh - I discovered the German- MadeUmarex line of CO2 .177 cal pellet air handguns -clones of many popular mfr's and models. Umarex owns Walther. Their metal
    handguns look and feel like the real thing - size, weight and balance very close. The Sig 225, Beretta 92, Colt 1911 and Walther P88 that I own use an 8
    rnd "clip" and are accurate. Can shoot them inside whenever the wife isn't home. A cardboard file box with a piece of carpet as the first (back) layer, pack full with newspaper full depth, lid taped on, turn on side and thumbtack homemade xerox targets on the lid. Greasy kid stuff? Maybe so! Check out Amazon, E-Bay, Pyramid Air, AirGun Depot.
    Back when I started a few years back, they were $90 to $140 apiece. Some models have almost doubled in cost. Cost, accuracy and quality of pellets in many configuration varies immensely - BUT nothing to compare with present 22LR costs.

I'm laughing, You recycle those pellets?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just stopped at the Gretna location and picked up two 100 round boxes of .22lr Remington golden bullet for $26.19. That’s .13 per round now for .22lr.

If you look on the website CCI rounds are priced slightly higher.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Just stopped at the Gretna location and picked up two 100 round boxes of .22lr Remington golden bullet for $26.19. That’s .13 per round now for .22lr.

If you look on the website CCI rounds are priced slightly higher.
    Jeez, I've picked up 100 round boxes of CCI mini-mags recently from wally world for $7.82. I why the golden bullets have gone up so much and CCI had stayed the same?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    just left cabelas they had
    300 round cc ar-22 or $25 one per customer
    50 round agurla $5 each 5 per customer
    5-6 100 round 12guage paks $24
    they also had 556,9mm,45, and a good but of diff caliber hunting rounds but didnt get the prices

Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    Picked up some 9mm range ammo today, Fiocchi, at the Gretna store. They’ve upped the box limit to 4 so maybe they’re expecting more supply to flow. Last time I was in they had some of the new Remington ammo (back producing after the bankruptcy).

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Picked up some 9mm range ammo today, Fiocchi, at the Gretna store. They’ve upped the box limit to 4 so maybe they’re expecting more supply to flow. Last time I was in they had some of the new Remington ammo (back producing after the bankruptcy).
    I noticed the price on it was $21.99. Im getting 15% off right now until July 5th with 10% military and 5% with the academy credit card but man that’s getting pricy. This is the third price increase I’ve noticed now since January. I’m glad they are allowing 4 boxes per day now that makes it a lot easier. I guess I’ll buy as much as I can until the 10% discount ends but I do t see myself paying $21.99 for 9mm on a consistent basis. $18.50 was bad enough

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I miss Federal aluminum case 9mm for $8.97 at Walmart. Say what you want about Walmart but you couldn't beat their ammo prices

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I went to Academy last night to buy some shoes and of course I had to check out the ammo situation . Surprisingly , they had a pretty decent selection . No bargains to be had obviously . I picked up 4 boxes of Norma .22 LR . Ten cents per round . Too damn high , but you can never have too much .22 LR .

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Academy on Airline in BR had a decent stock of 9mm. 4 box limit had either federal or Rem brass for 21.99 or monarch steel for 16.99. also had blazer alum for 18 i believe. also had quite a few 5.56 200 rd packs $130.

Top Bottom