Academy new ammo prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I work part time at Academy. Yes, ammo prices are very high. But no doubt you are all aware of the raping that takes place at gun shows by ammo dealers. I don't know how those guys can sleep with themselves. No conscience I suppose.

Too many shooters have never reloaded in the past, so now are unable to inexpensively roll their own with components they could have stored up.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I work part time at Academy. Yes, ammo prices are very high. But no doubt you are all aware of the raping that takes place at gun shows by ammo dealers. I don't know how those guys can sleep with themselves. No conscience I suppose.

Too many shooters have never reloaded in the past, so now are unable to inexpensively roll their own with components they could have stored up.

I prefer to stock up with complete ammunition. Reloaders are also having trouble finding components so they can reload. To each his own.

The Key Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    For what it's worth I attempted to send Brownell's an email and in the process managed to "chat" with one of their employees. I told him I thought I understood the "game" of supply and demand; but the prices they were posting were playing into the anti-gunner's playbook.
    Of course he didn't like my opinion. He advised that it was possible that ammo prices may come down sometime in the future, when "things" calm down. We shall see,

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Some brands of ammunition have increased in price from the ammunition factory to the distributors to the dealers to the customers this year.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom