Acr or larue PreditOBR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    What are you wanting to do with it? The larue is picky on ammo in my experience so if you plan on running classes prepare yourself for buying expensive ammo for it to run.

bullman24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles La
    I would like to start taking classes here in the near future but mostly just to go out to the range and kill time. Thank you chris for the ammo input that is the reason why I posted the question to get use full information.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    In the end it is your choice. I did the fancy rifles for a while. I realized a Daniel Defense and BCM are superior in reliability and accuracy was good. So I sold off my KAC, LaRue, and Noveske. Used the extra cash for ammo, optics, light, and courses.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    In the end it is your choice. I did the fancy rifles for a while. I realized a Daniel Defense and BCM are superior in reliability and accuracy was good. So I sold off my KAC, LaRue, and Noveske. Used the extra cash for ammo, optics, light, and courses.

What he said. If you still want something a little more fancy/expensive, I'd take a JP over either of the original choices.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I loved my Triumph Motorcycle. It doesn't mean it was a particularly good
    Motorcycle. Best I can tell the primary draw to The LaRue Rifles isn't the performance it's the name LaRue. That's awesome
    If that's what your after but if you think your paying more bc your getting more your mistaken.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I would like to start taking classes here in the near future but mostly just to go out to the range and kill time. Thank you chris for the ammo input that is the reason why I posted the question to get use full information.

How much do you want to spend? Interstate in Hammond has Daniel Defense V7 Lightweights for $1200. I don't think there is a better factory rifle on the market for that price.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I have owned several ACR's. They shoot nicely and are good guns. I have had them in standard and SBR configuration. However they are not nearly as nice as the Remington version. If I could get one of those, I would likely buy one again.

One of the issues with the ACR is the manual of arms, specifically the charging handle. I found that I would grasp at the rear of the gun if working on manipulations.

If you shoot AR's, stick with AR's. I would echo the sentiments of others in this thread RE quality rifles.

I would buy a DDM4V7 LW. It will do everything you could possibly want to do with a general purpose AR. If you want a more expensive and Possibly more accurate rifle, look at JP.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    A Colt 6920, whatever flavor of Daniel Defense you like (V7 LW for me), if u just wanna spend money a JP, at the bottom end an M&P 15. Those are my picks.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom