Act Of Valor (2012) Official Trailer - HD Movie - Navy SEALS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    Supposedly the footage is the result of the film crew being imbedded with and working around the Operators' schedules for FOUR years.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    I quote from an article on the movie:

"The filmmakers not only got millions of dollars’ worth of production values for free using military exercises, they created an immersive, videogame-like experience by revising their shooting methods and technology to adjust to the conditions. They used night-vision lenses and specially designed helmet cams to depict the SEALs’ viewpoints. And they used the video mode of a still instead of a film camera. Their weapon of choice: a high-definition Canon 5D SLR augmented with special Panavision and other cinematic lenses, augmented in post-production for final color and visual finishing."

aroundlsu was the first to post about this and I believe it was all shot with canon dslr cameras.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    I quote from an article on the movie:

"The filmmakers not only got millions of dollars’ worth of production values for free using military exercises, they created an immersive, videogame-like experience by revising their shooting methods and technology to adjust to the conditions. They used night-vision lenses and specially designed helmet cams to depict the SEALs’ viewpoints. And they used the video mode of a still instead of a film camera. Their weapon of choice: a high-definition Canon 5D SLR augmented with special Panavision and other cinematic lenses, augmented in post-production for final color and visual finishing."

So...sounds like Blair Witch Project with guns. Hope not. Watching that POS was the first time I got motion sick! :puke:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I've been waiting for this movie to come out. I haven't been to a cinema in a long time because I can't stand going but this is one movie I just have to see.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    From what I've read the realness of the action is supposed to be superb but the acting is deplorable which is expected if theses guys really are seals. I think it will depend on what you're view is of what makes a movie good that will depict on whether this is watchable. I get turned off by poor acting so I doubt I will pay to see this. Will probably wait for it to hit TV.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I haven't paid the previews much attention but it looked like yet another BOOM BOOM KA POW! no acting type movie. I'll be a passin' on the $14.50 ticket suh' yes I will be.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Here is the thing though, are we going to see any REAL action? I mean, they cant show someone really getting shot in a movie theater can they?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Here is the thing though, are we going to see any REAL action? I mean, they cant show someone really getting shot in a movie theater can they?

They could. They do in documentary's. However I highly doubt they would be allowed to show footage from real missions. Possible, but in this day and age I don't think the feds would be letting that slide.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom