Act of Valor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Am I the only one with a little concern about the advertisement of "starring active duty Navy Seals" in the preview?

Last edited:

CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Some of the action sequences and training parts are the real guys. Of course they wouldn't show these guys faces or anything, but let's be honest, actors aren't going to be able to replicate these guys skills. There's no way the govt would let this movie be shown if these guys faces were shown. No way in hell. I read about this movie somewhere and I read this. Sorry no def source. I did read the book though, and it's freaking awesome. This movie should be legit.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Some of you, are ignorant of, or forgetting, your history.

The SEALS first mission was a publicity tour across the country to tell everyone how bad @$$ed they were.
    The head of the navy was tired of reading about the Army Rangers and commanded that some 'Navy Rangers' be created.

The military has a longstanding tradition of working with Hollyweard. How else do you think those movies with battleships came into being before CGI?
    This gains the military 2 things:
    Attention, it is recognized that the way to get recruits is to portray the life in a positive way to teen boys.
    Control, the terms of the contracts to use military equipment, bases, and personnel dictate that the picture MUST portray the military in a positive light.

SEALS aren't DELTA. They (With rare exceptions) do not function as spies, or do anything where this would negatively impact their jobs. (If it were it would be easy to select some guys who were getting out, higher rank etc.)
    You CAN be in a movie, or the news so long as:
    1. You receive permission ahead of time.
    2. It does not reflect negatively upon the military.

Lastly:
    How do you know there is a pilot at the party?
    He will tell you.

How do you know a SEAL is at the party?
    He won't STOP telling you!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I almost hate to bring this up, but....... I have to wonder how often it will feature their current CIC during this election year...;)

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Some of you, are ignorant of, or forgetting, your history.

The SEALS first mission was a publicity tour across the country to tell everyone how bad @$$ed they were.
    The head of the navy was tired of reading about the Army Rangers and commanded that some 'Navy Rangers' be created.

The military has a longstanding tradition of working with Hollyweard. How else do you think those movies with battleships came into being before CGI?
    This gains the military 2 things:
    Attention, it is recognized that the way to get recruits is to portray the life in a positive way to teen boys.
    Control, the terms of the contracts to use military equipment, bases, and personnel dictate that the picture MUST portray the military in a positive light.

SEALS aren't DELTA. They (With rare exceptions) do not function as spies, or do anything where this would negatively impact their jobs. (If it were it would be easy to select some guys who were getting out, higher rank etc.)
    You CAN be in a movie, or the news so long as:
    1. You receive permission ahead of time.
    2. It does not reflect negatively upon the military.

Lastly:
    How do you know there is a pilot at the party?
    He will tell you.

How do you know a SEAL is at the party?
    He won't STOP telling you!

Almost sounds like sour grapes to me.

JR1572

Top Bottom