Active shooter in Maine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    Yep…2A cases about to be heard in the SCOTUS..it’s all about timing. This guy checks all the boxes that has the left licking their chops. That’s why the info was blasted all over within minutes of the event. Look…squirrel Gaza, Israel, China, and 100’s of billions will be back page news for the next week.
    Hmm, I remember the day that Steve Scalise got shot at the softball practice by the radical Marxist nutjob, they were set to debate or vote on legislation that may have legalized suppressors and done other pro 2A things. They postponed the hearing and I think, never brought it up again. Coincidence?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

This is a medical professional journal article that properly describes the media s role in these shootings. A long read, but worth the time.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Don’t we have mass shootings here that never make national headlines?
    The meaning has been changing. I’m not sure of when & by who but the definition was changed form mass killings to shooting. And the numbers where lowered to make more of a splash with the media.
    I heard the nut job was “Hearing voices & going deaf”. Then he attacked the bowling alley killing a sign language interpreter & other deaf people. That seams very targeted.
    I wonder how many psycho drugs he was on. That seams to be the biggest thread connecting most of these shootings.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    The meaning has been changing. I’m not sure of when & by who but the definition was changed form mass killings to shooting. And the numbers where lowered to make more of a splash with the media.
    I heard the nut job was “Hearing voices & going deaf”. Then he attacked the bowling alley killing a sign language interpreter & other deaf people. That seams very targeted.
    I wonder how many psycho drugs he was on. That seams to be the biggest thread connecting most of these shootings.
    Big pharma doesn’t like when they get linked to psychotic outbreaks. John noveske mentioned this before he passed.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    Way back in the day, Jessie Ventura did a Conspiracy Theory episode where they showed a device that can project a voice that only one person can hear. So it can make one guy in a crowd hear something. So when I hear that someone is hearing voices, I always remember that. Plus the SSRI's, psyche drugs that have suicide/homicide as side effects and it's no wonder there are so many mass shootings.

There's a pic that was in the Shreveport Times from back in the 60's where some guy was loose in the area with a gun. I think he'd just shot a person, maybe two people. But the pic showed a Byrd High school teacher and a student standing at the doors to the school. The teacher had a rifle and the student had a shotgun. Back then Byrd Highschool had a shooting team and a range on the school grounds!!
    My how times have changed!

My mistake. They both had shotguns. If the pic isn't showing, here's the link-

Last edited:

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    ...... they were known and watched by a certain 3 letter agency.....

This theme is often brought up at times like this. We should be cautious about allowing government agents to deprive us of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness by using the 'red flags' that we often see. Surely we don't want to lock up people for what they think do we? We lock people up for what they DO.

Evil will do evil.

A mild reminder of the ease in which red flag laws can be abused.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, sure, I see the rationality. I don't just jump to these conclusions for no reason though. Considering the high percentage of previous mass shooters that were in contact with, or being watched by the FBI, or even had people, sometimes multiple people, contact the FBI with warnings of what was about to happen; it makes it hard to not come to these types of conclusions.

When I speak of mass shooters here, I'm specifically referring to ones that have been highly covered, that killed 10, 20, 30+.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter which ones you speak of. It doesn't change things. For every highly covered mass shooter that was being watched by the FBI, there's likely hundereds or thousands being watched that don't end up in the news. If the FBI had credible knowledge of an impending incident and didn't do anything about it, then they are to blame. But it's easy to look back and see that the evidence was there. But when you get warning after warning, how do you determine which ones are credible before one of them comes true?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    To be honest, it doesn't really matter which ones you speak of. It doesn't change things. For every highly covered mass shooter that was being watched by the FBI, there's likely hundereds or thousands being watched that don't end up in the news. If the FBI had credible knowledge of an impending incident and didn't do anything about it, then they are to blame. But it's easy to look back and see that the evidence was there. But when you get warning after warning, how do you determine which ones are credible before one of them comes true?
    I'm more interested in the cases where the suspects were in contact with them.
    b4c713d553e84d83f394ab4160e44fb0.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm more interested in the cases where the suspects were in contact with them.

Parts of that incident could be concerning. Each sentence in that screenshot is true although much information was omitted to make the story sound as bad as it could possibly be. It seems the shooter regularly chatted with a small group of people regarding stuff like hatred for black people. One of the group was a former federal agent who seems to have had already retired. The shooter invited 6 people, including that former federal employee, to a private discord server about 30 minutes before the shooting to review his plans. No record was found of anyone calling any law enforcement regarding the plans. From a discord spokesperson, “What we know at this time is that a private, invite-only server was created by the suspect to serve as a personal diary chat log. Approximately 30 minutes prior to the attack, however, a small group of people were invited to and joined the server. Before that, our records indicate no other people saw the diary chat log in this private server.”

The advanced notice was a 30 minute advanced notice sent to 6 people, one of them being the former agent. The former agent communicated with the shooter about his racist views but that was separate from the advanced notice.

So the shooter was in contact with a guy who used to be a federal agent. But I could find nothing to indicate the shooter was ever in contact with the FBI or any actively employed agent prior to the shooting.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    Parts of that incident could be concerning. Each sentence in that screenshot is true although much information was omitted to make the story sound as bad as it could possibly be. It seems the shooter regularly chatted with a small group of people regarding stuff like hatred for black people. One of the group was a former federal agent who seems to have had already retired. The shooter invited 6 people, including that former federal employee, to a private discord server about 30 minutes before the shooting to review his plans. No record was found of anyone calling any law enforcement regarding the plans. From a discord spokesperson, “What we know at this time is that a private, invite-only server was created by the suspect to serve as a personal diary chat log. Approximately 30 minutes prior to the attack, however, a small group of people were invited to and joined the server. Before that, our records indicate no other people saw the diary chat log in this private server.”

The advanced notice was a 30 minute advanced notice sent to 6 people, one of them being the former agent. The former agent communicated with the shooter about his racist views but that was separate from the advanced notice.

So the shooter was in contact with a guy who used to be a federal agent. But I could find nothing to indicate the shooter was ever in contact with the FBI or any actively employed agent prior to the shooting.
    If he was in contact, would they admit it?

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    The scary and disturbing thing about this tragedy besides the loss of life is that one lunatic with a gun can strike fear into a nation and have communities hiding behind their couches. This should wake all those law abiding citizens that still refuse to arm themselves and take personal responsibility for their own safety. Just imagine thousands of terrorist in unison doing the same thing at a coordinated time all across the nation. They are here and waiting. We are very fragile in too many ways as a nation to survive unless The People stand up, exercise their right to self defense and strike down the evil that walks amongst Us when it strikes. LE and government can’t help you in that moment. They are great at writing reports and passing laws that will never prevent these evil doings. I pray for the victims families and ache that not one person was able and or willing to fight back. Maybe there were signs on the doors that prevented guns on property. I did hear one man being interviewed saying the most quoted saying at these scenes. “I never thought it would happen here”. It’s a 50/50 every time you walk out the door. Like the weather.. 50/50 prepare for rain, carry a pocket poncho. Strike up the gun control band and ignore the root problem will be the response from our leaders as usual. Sad but true.
    They had to compel Mainers to sit it out and allow the professionals to find him. We like a good manhunt. But you are correct: most Mainers are gunless and helpless to a coordinated attack,
    living in a fantasy world. At least most have a hunting rifle: there's some security in having 60%+ of the population with high powered rifles.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    If I sell one of my guns to someone I do not know, the only way I will sell it without going thru an FFL is if the person has a current CCW permit. Then I will require a bill of sale with all of this person's info. And then a note that states this person was a CCW permit holder.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom