Adding Trustee to Trust

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freek589

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 15, 2019
    Denham springs
    I’m looking at adding my younger brother to my trust as a trustee. He is also listed as the beneficiary until my children are of age. I currently do not have any pending stamps and was curious of the steps to add him.

Do I only have to add him and have the trust updated/notarized. Or will he have to do all of his prints/photos as well?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    If you add him to the trust I believe an attorney has to do the paperwork. From what I have seen on the new regulations every time you purchase a stamp under the trust he will have to submit his prints and photo just like you do currently as I think they require everyone listed on the trust to submit fingerprints.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a trust gotten through a lawyer in Baton Rouge, @JCcypress. Hopefully he will step in and correct me if I am mistaken. I contacted him when I wanted to remove people from the trust. He emailed me a prepared form that I filled out and brought to a notary at Albertsons. I've submitted the notarized forms with the trust to the ATF for multiple NFA items and have had no issues. He also sent me a form to add trustees as well. I am not a lawyer so nothing I'm presenting should be seen as legal advice. But to answer your question, it seems you can add him with a notarized letter.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I have a trust gotten through a lawyer in Baton Rouge, @JCcypress. Hopefully he will step in and correct me if I am mistaken. I contacted him when I wanted to remove people from the trust. He emailed me a prepared form that I filled out and brought to a notary at Albertsons. I've submitted the notarized forms with the trust to the ATF for multiple NFA items and have had no issues. He also sent me a form to add trustees as well. I am not a lawyer so nothing I'm presenting should be seen as legal advice. But to answer your question, it seems you can add him with a notarized letter.
    My understanding also... Also not a lawyer.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I'm curious myself . My son has a Trust for two suppressors and I need to be added . I have a CHP so my prints are in the system . Does that matter ?

theway109

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm curious myself . My son has a Trust for two suppressors and I need to be added . I have a CHP so my prints are in the system . Does that matter ?
    No. You can be added with some notarized paperwork, but you'll still need to submit information for each responsible person on the trust.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Is that only for new NFA items or even for existing? I was pretty sure for new purchases everyone on the trust has to submit paperwork but for existing purchases, you would be fine with adding a person to the trust.

theway109

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Is that only for new NFA items or even for existing? I was pretty sure for new purchases everyone on the trust has to submit paperwork but for existing purchases, you would be fine with adding a person to the trust.
    If it's already approved then no, you won't have to give any information to the ATF. In the future any new NFA item would require all responsible persons to submit fingerprints, ect.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As I understand the law, you must include prints and stuff for everyone on the trust at the time you are applying for a stamp. If you are not applying for a stamp, you do not need to send in any information.

Top Bottom