Adding weight to a Taurus TX-22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Size wise it feels fine to me, but I have added a red dot sight and a light on mine. I don't know exactly how much weight I've added with all that but it feels fine. I am hoping that this extra weight helps tame down any recoil that would prevent my wife from shooting it. It's a breeze to shot now. I'll weight it when I get home tonight.

What exactly about it don't you like??

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    There is nothing that I don't like! I just want to add some weight to make it more comparable to my Canik SC. Tx is coming in at 17 oz. and I would like to add about 5-10 oz. bringing it closer.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ok, I finally was able to break away and got to my shop and check my TX22's weight. I took pics of both loaded and unloaded for comparison. 1lb 8.2 ozs is lighter than I thought it would be. To me this pistol is still very light, but such fun to shoot. One of my favorites.

Attachments

• 20240330_222404.jpg
      20240330_222404.jpg
      456.7 KB · Views: 18
    • 20240330_222418.jpg
      20240330_222418.jpg
      494.6 KB · Views: 18

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Tandem Kross “Wingman” mag bumpers will bring the round count up to 21, which will add a little weight. I imagine you could modify it to stay at 16 in the mag body and add some lead shot to the bumper for another ounce or two. I get it if you’re using it for a trainer.

Attachments

• IMG_3710.png
      IMG_3710.png
      2.8 MB · Views: 18
    • IMG_3711.png
      IMG_3711.png
      1.5 MB · Views: 18

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Has anyone tried tungsten putty?
    Sounds like a plan. And maybe a big ugly heavy 1/2x28 muzzle device if your barrel has the thread adapter? That’s where I’d want some weight. You can get some cheap in the $teens on CDNN and a few discount AR sites. The linear comps are pretty solid. And there are some shorty comps too.

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sounds like a plan. And maybe a big ugly heavy 1/2x28 muzzle device if your barrel has the thread adapter? That’s where I’d want some weight. You can get some cheap in the $teens on CDNN and a few discount AR sites. The linear comps are pretty solid. And there are some shorty comps too.
    I tried one of those fake suppressors figuring the added muzzle weight would help keep on target easier but it threw my shots off and made my groups horribly wide. Got rid of that thing. I would hang a big heavy light on it and call it good, that way there's something useful on it besides just a chunk of weight.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I tried one of those fake suppressors figuring the added muzzle weight would help keep on target easier but it threw my shots off and made my groups horribly wide. Got rid of that thing. I would hang a big heavy light on it and call it good, that way there's something useful on it besides just a chunk of weight.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t want anything that long on the barrel for sure. Plenty of real estate regardless.

Top Bottom