Advantage Group: Gunfighter I and Carbine I (June 23/24 - Robert LA)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    If anyone needs to use an AR i will loan them mine, as long as one of our board members with good standing can vouch for them.
    Im sure yall have plenty of extras but figured i would throw it out there since i know Nate and the guys will take care of it :P
    Its a S&W M&P, nothing fancy just the plain jane gun with a rail and pistol grip in front.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    There were three lady's at the last Gunfighter 1 class.
    Just your advantage Moms and I think they really enjoy them self's.
    By the end of the day was looking safe at gun handling and shooting.
    I saw one out shoot her husband in a drill.
    It's good to see Lady's at the training classes and do well as they learn shooting skills.
    Bring the wife, girl friend or Mom this is a great 1st class in Hand Gun and Carbine.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I went ahead and put in a request for that weekend off from work. I was in dispatch last night when my Shift Manager called and said that our shift already has 2 people who requested the same nights off. So I will have to wait. Basically I was told that all of June is booked up and so is July and if I want any days in Sept or October I need to get the Leave Request forms into him STAT. Darn it. I hate having to plan 3 or 4 months out.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Yes; but that can bite you in the ass.

I took my bride to Tom Givens' most excellent Combative Pistol class, and that experience convinced her she needed to "upgrade" from the .380 Long Rifle/Euro Pellet. Ended up costing me a pair of HK P2000s in .40 caliber... :D

So what your saying is just like your wife's taste in men her choice of firearm and caliber sucks also ;)

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    If anyone needs to use an AR i will loan them mine, as long as one of our board members with good standing can vouch for them.
    Im sure yall have plenty of extras but figured i would throw it out there since i know Nate and the guys will take care of it :P
    Its a S&W M&P, nothing fancy just the plain jane gun with a rail and pistol grip in front.

Lets get this guy a T-Shirt - LouisianaGuy, PM me your address and I will get one in the mail to you. That is a standup offer sir. We will let you know if we have a shooter that will take you up on it.

Hurricane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Madisonville LA
    Are there still openings in the classes this month, I am interested if I can get off work. Just need to know if the openings are there so Boss will let me off.

Paul

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Nate/Trent,

What do you teach that a sling is for, how do you use it?

Thanks,

John

A sling is such a vital accessory to a rifle it should be thought of as a component to the rifle. The sling allows the shooter to support the gun when engaging targets at intermediate and long ranges and it also give tha shooter the ability to use his hands independent of the rifle while still retaining the rifle. In Advantage Group Cirriculum you will use the sling for that added support I addressed earlier and also to retain the gun when transitioning between shoulders and later on when transitioning to a secondary weapon.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I believe Nate was inferring a quality, easily adjustable, properly mounted and configured sling. We like the VTAC slings. They adjust very easily.

I've personally tried the BFG, MS-2, and MS-3 plus a few others. Nate has been shooting the VTAC for a long time. He finally showed me the light.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Our web store is up. You can sign up for the June classes here. If you have trouble with the registration form download. Email or PM curt (SpeedRacer)

Please let me know if you have problems with the site.

http://store.unitytactical.com/

Then navigate to "Products" -> "Training"

Our regular site is in progress. Stay tuned.

Thanks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom