Advice on optics for Buckmark .22 rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    My son has a Buckmark rifle and I'm thinking of some kind of optics for it as a Christmas present. The open sights are very nice on this little rifle, but I think he'd enjoy shooting it with a scope as well. I'm not looking for high-end stuff, but not the bottom line optics either. Also need advice on mounting, so that he can go back to open sights easily, or use them with the scope still mounted. He'll probably use the rifle more for targets and plinking.

I've started the search online a few times, but the choices are overwhelming. I'm hoping some BS'ers can give me a shortcut. Thanks.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    For a mid line scope I have and like Nikon I have 2 of their Buckmaster and one Monarch line. On a couple other rimfires I have Millette red dots and an Ultradot red dot, they are a ton of fun to plink with. For the money the Millette is half price and very close in quality. I have heard many good things about Muller scopes on rimfirecenteral.

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    Thanks. I had forgotten about rimfirecentral. I'll spend some time on that site and its links to help make a decision. The Nikons you mentioned were some I was trying to sort out, and I'll check others you mentioned as well.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I've got the mueller apv on my 1022 and I like it. It's a 4-14x40 with adjustable objective down to like 10yards. It came witha 3" sunshade and ran about $140 from joe bob outfitters.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I think a Leupold Mark IV CQ/T, which I just so happen to have listed for sale, would make and awesome optic ;) J/K

+1 on the Bushnell TR-25. I have one on my Ruger 22/45

Top Bottom