Advocate opnion 6-19-2010

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I commented, but for some reason even though I was logged in it shows me as anonymous... oh well.

"Kudos Mr. Gleason! And Kudos to The Advocate for printing this letter.

Mr. Gleason's words are unfortunately 100% TRUTH and the sentiment in his letter needs to be seen and promoted in the mainstream more often than not; side by side with the flood of misinformation we often find ourselves wading through.

WE owe it to ourselves to repeal the restrictions against our second amendment rights so that we are able to defend ourselves against criminals who often times may not even be able to read the sign banning firearms, much less obey the request and/or law if they could."

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Whoo Rah! Well spoken and the points were well backed up with facts. Buy that man another round. He did a much better job than I could have...

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I cant believe it either.

Seeing how the Advocate bashes issues they dont like with "editorial opinions" and half assed stories, the next time they print a story bashing a police officer, think about how they treat the 2A issue.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I deliver the paper and while back we had a customer quit taking the paper. The reason was bias reporting. That was about the time Jindal couldn't go to the bathroom without them putting it on the front page.
    I later found out the EX customer was a big Jindal fan.

Maybe they're looking so hard at the BP deal they missed the pro gun letter.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Charliepapa GREAT second post! I started to tell that Euro wanna be POS that he needed to explain to the hood rat that broke into his house at 2 am that he was too intellectual blah blah blah (insert Charlie Brown teacher voice)....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I don't know who "Pen M. Hutchinson" is, but clearly he's never watched the 10 PM news in this town....:rofl:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Yeah, Mr. Hutchinson has now unleashed his full ignorance in his two back to back posts behind my second comment. It really must suck to have to walk around all day being that stupid. I kind of felt sorry for him after reading some of his thought process, especially the stuff about the it being our fault that black men rob banks since we didn't provide for their education AND give them jobs AND food to eat!

Either way, I think I'll be walking around in his head for at least the rest of the day. ;)

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Anybody else wanna rip this guy hutchinson's head off and **** down his neck? :mad:

How can someone spew so many talking points in three paragraphs? :mad:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    He's either a crack smoker from way back with absolutely zero grasp on reality, or someone from here yanking your chain with an epic troll :rofl:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anybody else wanna rip this guy hutchinson's head off and **** down his neck? :mad:

How can someone spew so many talking points in three paragraphs? :mad:

Maybe Pen is short for Penny or Penelope? In that case, SHE might be a little easier to understand. ;)

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Nothing depresses me more than to read the comments on local news articles. There is some sort of bell curve that occurs, where the smallest-town papers get decent, polite comments, then the rise of ignorance and rudeness escalates tremendously as newspaper distribution rises, and then at a certain point, the rudeness decreases back to nominal levels when the paper has enough staff to police the comments.

I try not to read the comments of any news site anymore. Occasionally I read down and am only reminded/reinforced in my position.

Good article and well written. Glad that it was published. I'm glad to see someone able to put together an intelligent and polite statement in support of his thoughts. Too many people lace their opinions with rudeness, insults, and arrogance, and, no matter the side of the fence, it only serves to worsen the position they champion.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's mind blowing how idiotic Pen M. Hutchinson is.
    Criminals carry guns because of social inequity. The Arabs hate and want to kill us because of social inequity. If we were a society that made sure black males had good educations and good jobs, food to eat, they’d have no need to rob banks or harm others.
    I just... I'm speechless. You can't reason with that kind of logic.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's mind blowing how idiotic Pen M. Hutchinson is.

I just... I'm speechless. You can't reason with that kind of logic.

Yeah, I agree...that has to be one of the more STUPID things I have ever heard- and I've heard a lot.

I have my suspicions about those comments:rolleyes:.....No one can possibly be this asinine. :confused:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sam did you forget about MEM? :D

I don't believe he'd stoop to this level of basic stupidity. :D

Give this person enough time, and you'll hear that "Lil' Poosie" was framed, and the same thing goes for Derrick Todd Lee. That's the caliber of dumbass you can't find just anywhere- yet sadly can find in abundance right here at home.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom