After a year....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    ... This has become my home online. This is the only forum I've been on that has welcomed me openly, and allowed me to be myself.

Therefore, I'll post a little something that you all may not know: I write.
    It's a hidden passion. Gonna post somethig up soon.

How many of you other BSers write? Maybe we could gander on your literary ventures.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It's okay, I enjoy writing when I'm inspired. I had a professor in college give me a full page review on a 3 page paper I wrote, and at the end he told me he thought it would be a great first chapter to a book he couldn't wait to read. He also asked if he could share it with the other classes to show the "dynamics of my writing style." I wrote that paper 3 hours before it was due, and I had been drinking the entire night. I've always had a knack for it and I really enjoy it, but it's difficult for me to get inspired.

Many times I've considered going back to school for a journalism degree, if anything to try to push out the morons that are currently poorly writing this crap called news.

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wow, Ryan. That's awesome. You should do freelance and just report honestly. It's be great to read something of yours.

Didely, I'm not sure I follow your post... I am a writer, a wordsmith. Nothing more.

Home for a year and still zero feedback? We got to get working on this one bro.

Feedback as in selling and purchasing? Yessir, we will. Wheeling and dealing a few guns would be great; it is in the game plan. Family and friends get first dibs, but the e-family will know post-haste.

Dave, what do you mean by "never mind"? :confused:

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Home for a year and still zero feedback? We got to get working on this one bro. :x:

Means nothing. I have sold and bought guns off members here, I've bought one gun, sold three, and traded one. I leave feedback for the other person involved with the deal and have not received one damn piece of feedback.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I like to write, inspiration is the key. The differance between a waiter and writer? The waiter gets paid. I'd like to read Ryan's semi-drunk paper.
    I had a fling with my freshman creative writing teacher, she thought I had real talent,.......my writing sucked but she was willing to overlook that.

Nato are you a amatuer or proffessional writer?

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I like to write, inspiration is the key. The differance between a waiter and writer? The waiter gets paid. I'd like to read Ryan's semi-drunk paper.
    I had a fling with my freshman creative writing teacher, she thought I had real talent,.......my writing sucked but she was willing to overlook that.

You had to write a paper about Human Sexuality, right?

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    No the one that got her attention was "How to spot a computer geek" ,.........seriously. The sexuality didn't get written about. Yet.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    That's cool.

I read. I read A LOT. Something like 3 books a week sometimes. Unfortunately, none of it us really useful. I can't say none of it is useful, but I'd be better served reading something other than action/adventure fiction & sci-fi stuff.

I've always wanted to give a go at creating my own novel....but I kinda feel like everything that I'd be interested in writing about has already been done.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Never have been able to write worth a crap. You can tell that by looking at any of my posts unfortunatly, but I devour books. Usually read a book a week, and no particular type anything.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    1.) Creative writing is monsterously cool...I wish I could express on paper what I have swimming around in my feverish brain in a way that others would find worthwhile.
    2.) A literary forum here is a WIN. Gives an outlet and constructive criticism to those who wish to post, and gives the rest of us a chance to perhaps get in early on the next Faulkner, Clancey or Burke. (nice juxtaposition, eh?)
    3.) Who here DOESN'T enjoy reading an enthralling bit of fiction???

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    3.) Who here DOESN'T enjoy reading an enthralling bit of fiction???

I am one who doesn't enjoy reading. I never have. I just feel like I am so busy with other stuff I would be wasting time sitting behind a book. I rarely get on the computer, phone, or watch TV. Always working on something or playing with the kid.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    So no one is telling you about the tat ??

1 yr on here and you get to wear the BS colors...a large BS on the side of your neck, then everyone will know . :draw:

Top Bottom