After election hope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    Is there a chance, after the election results, that I might be able to scoop up some .22lr off of a shelf at will? Or, will I still have to dream about kicking in the teeth of those who stand in line to grab the ammo right off the trucks while others have to work so that they can re-sell it at their LGS or online auction?

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    It is a bulk ammo with prices in the budget of low and medium income NEW recreational shooters who think the more they have, the better. After the events of the last three years that is a pretty big and growing demographic.

Most logical explanation for 22 shortage I have heard.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Ummm....they are. Where's your information coming from that they aren't??

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/why-weve-had-ammunition-shortage

Just the anecdotal observation that the shelves (for .22LR) are still empty every time I check... and the 11-month old article you cite doesn't really provide much current info, either, does it? Sure, (for example) it does say that "Remington Arms Co. announced that it will spend $32 million to expand its Remington Ammunition Plant in Lonoke, Ark. The expansion includes the construction of a new building, which is projected to be in operation by the second quarter of 2014." I'd be curious to see if that expansion was actually done, and if it is actually now in operation?

The article also rosily reports that "the crisis is diminishing as ammunition manufacturers catch up with demand." And it does seem that for other calibers that is the case, but maybe there's still some issues with .22LR?

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Just the anecdotal observation that the shelves (for .22LR) are still empty every time I check... and the 11-month old article you cite doesn't really provide much current info, either, does it? Sure, (for example) it does say that "Remington Arms Co. announced that it will spend $32 million to expand its Remington Ammunition Plant in Lonoke, Ark. The expansion includes the construction of a new building, which is projected to be in operation by the second quarter of 2014." I'd be curious to see if that expansion was actually done, and if it is actually now in operation?

The article also rosily reports that "the crisis is diminishing as ammunition manufacturers catch up with demand." And it does seem that for other calibers that is the case, but maybe there's still some issues with .22LR?
    Profit margins are narrower on 22 I would imagine. That's the case with most low-cost goods.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom