Aimpoint 1/3 Co Witness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cperron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    I ordered a Aimpoint Pro the other day and I am waiting on it to come in. Does anyone know if the Aimpoint mount that comes with it is absolute co witness only or does the spacer allow it to be 1/3 co witness? I have read conflicting reports on it.

thorswhisper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2009
    Covington, La.
    All depends on what weapon your going to be mounting it on, and which aimpoint it is. If I assume its an AR , you should plan on getting a mount other than what comes with it. Larue makes some of the best ones out there. GG&G has an interesting one too. For what its worth, I took a T-1 with the stock mount, and mounted it in a shotgun, as I needed it to be as low as possible and didn't have time to order a Larue. Blue locktited it, torqued it properly, and it shot loose in about 500 rounds. Just my experience.

cperron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Sorry. It is a Aimpoint Pro and it will be mounted on an AR with fixed front and a flip up rear BUIS.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I have the Aimpoint PRO with the mount Aimpoint sends with the optic and it's Absolute.

Kinda nice, you take it off and remount and it's right back at zero...just like the Larue.

Dirty

cperron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    I guess I will have to buy a Larue. I was wanting a 1/3 co witness. Maybe I will try out the true co witness and see how I like it. Any opinions??? Which co witness do you prefer?

cperron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    I was thinking of the LT129 by LaReu because I will be getting a magnifier and sooner or later night vision in the next year or so. Gotta wait and let my wife forget how much I've spent on the rifle and accesories.

How much would you sell it for?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom