AIWB while driving

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyone consistently defeat their cover garment while driving?

If so, have you ever forgot to cover it back up when you got out?

Do you leave your rig in while driving or take it out for longer trips etc?
    3428a10e114365b50ed625151ccd8303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Shirt stays over it & I'm usually in the car no longer than 45 minutes so it doesn't bother me.

I very seldom uncover like this...but more often try to remember clear the shirt from under the lap belt...to at least defeat the lap belt should I ever need to drawn while sitting.

Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I defeat the garment. If I need it, which I did need a gun one time while driving because of a road rager.

Now I have my gun where it’s easiest to get at. Without having to worry about clothes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Looks uncomfortable. Take a look at the magnet mounts for the dash/center console. They work really well and force you to think about the holster and conceal when you get in and out of the car. Good luck.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I defeat the garment. If I need it, which I did need a gun one time while driving because of a road rager.

Now I have my gun where it’s easiest to get at. Without having to worry about clothes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you just leave a truck gun in there all the time? Or put your edc in a different spot once your in the vehicle?

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I unholster mine and just stick it in the crack between the seats at my right hip

Yeah. I’ve heard of doing that, but 3 things...don’t like the trigger exposed/unprotected and I’m a lefty, so the right thigh isn’t a good location for me to get to easily (strong hand) and I never reholster while sitting.
    If I have to take the gun out of the holster while sitting for some reason, I’ll take the holster off, reholster the gun and then reinstall the holster.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Looks uncomfortable. Take a look at the magnet mounts for the dash/center console. They work really well and force you to think about the holster and conceal when you get in and out of the car. Good luck.

Lol. Yeah, it’s not that uncomfortable anymore. I kind of liken it to you getting used to have a wallet (sometimes a very thick one) in your back pocket. You butt eventually gets used to it, and you do t even notice it anymore. It was kind of like that getting used to a big AIWB rig.
    Only thing that is difficult is bending over.

Regarding the magnet. I’m not a fan of unholstering the weapon and having it somewhere where the trigger isn’t protected/guarded. Also, I won’t reholster it while sitting, so if I take it out every time I get in a vehicle, I would have to take my rig off, reholster and resintall the holster. And being that I’m not skinny, that can be a pain while seated.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Also, I won’t reholster it while sitting, so if I take it out every time I get in a vehicle, I would have to take my rig off, reholster and resintall the holster.

I have to ask: Why would you take the whole rig off and not just stand up and reholster?

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Have been AIWB carrying for a few years now. Have no issues in the vehicle.

A lot recommend putting the belt behind the gun in case of a wreck. Less potential damage to yourself.

ETA

No need for admin handling or using off body methods.

Last edited:

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have to ask: Why would you take the whole rig off and not just stand up and reholster?

That is certainly a decent option if you are assured that there is no one else around that could see you reholstering. I’m just not fond of freaking people out that are already scarred of guns, or letting thugs etc know I’m carrying when I exit a vehicle.
    I try to be as descreet as I can.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    That is certainly a decent option if you are assured that there is no one else around that could see you reholstering. I’m just not fond of freaking people out that are already scarred of guns, or letting thugs etc know I’m carrying when I exit a vehicle.
    I try to be as descreet as I can.

It’s not often I reholster outside of my car but standing between the car and the open door I feel no one knows what I’m up to.

I carry IWB at 3:00 and practice my draw regularly “no problems”.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s not often I reholster outside of my car but standing between the car and the open door I feel no one knows what I’m up to.

I carry IWB at 3:00 and practice my draw regularly “no problems”.

Yeah, I guess it can be done pretty discreet, but I’m already paranoid someone sees and wonders what I’m doing if/when I’m trying to put my holster on while sitting in my truck...lol

Top Bottom