SOLD: AK "parts kit" with 1000+ of ammo, 8 magazines, and pouch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge

You might ask yourself, "Hey, that looks like a fully assembled AK, not a parts kit". And you'd be correct. I traded for this AK about a year and a half ago, and after a few range trips, it started to have issues. I brought it to Barking Irons, and they recommended I bring it to Khyber Pass in Gonzales.

"This is interesting" I thought.

The gunsmith over at Khyber looked at the weapon, asked me "Did you build this?". "Uh. No." He then calls for one of his assistants and says "Hey, come look at this, I want to show you why we never do certain things". At that point, I knew this was going to be interesting expensive. :help:

Apparently whoever did the build on this beautiful weapon completely trashed the receiver - took a dremel to some of the guide rails to "git it ta fit raght". :madfawk:

The good news is that all the other parts are in great shape and the smith said "What you've got here is a romy parts kit, minus a receiver - bottom line, we can order a new receiver, install it, repaint it, etc for about 450.00". (The gas tube could be replaced because of some cosmetic issues through in another 35.00 for that) Well, I'm in a pretty nasty divorce right now, and I think I'd rather sell it than put another 500.00 into the gun.

So I've got an assembled parts kit - AK-47 ($350.00)
    8 or 9 magazines ($160.00)
    a .50 caliber ammo can more than half full of ammo (pretty sure I have almost 1200rds, but I just would unbox 'em and dump them in the can). ($300.00)

And a sling. Can't forget the sling. :dogkeke: (free to whoever buys the AK).

FTF in Baton Rouge only. PM me if interested. I'll be out most of the afternoon, but I'll be able to answer PM's late afternoon/evening.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom