ak pistol or Krinkov

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIG1LOST

Displaced Montanan
    Jul 13, 2009
    Pineville
    I'm thinkin' on one,,class 3,,,I keep reading the the K produces muzzle energy of about the 9mm in a carbine,,,if so the pistol must be a dog for energy!!,,,what's the truth??:confused:Secondly; thinkin' on a 24" AK for a rifle that I think looks a lot better than a standard AK,but shoot as well as my sks,,,is the barrel THE accuracy component on an AK??

#1bambam

Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I'm thinkin' on one,,class 3,,,I keep reading the the K produces muzzle energy of about the 9mm in a carbine,,,if so the pistol must be a dog for energy!!,,,what's the truth??:confused:Secondly; thinkin' on a 24" AK for a rifle that I think looks a lot better than a standard AK,but shoot as well as my sks,,,is the barrel THE accuracy component on an AK??

It would be hard to find a AK with a 24 inch barrel.The most important thing that has to do with accuracy after the sites are set is the shooter.

BIG1LOST

Displaced Montanan
    Jul 13, 2009
    Pineville
    I know the trigger actuating nut is THE #1 accuracy variable,,,I've been shootin' a long time,,,52 years,,,but I am new to AKs.I saw in some pix from Iraq,24" AKs,,,that were used by the haji's in their equiv. of designated marksman role,,,I loved the look,,,any exper. with krinks or AK pistols?:cool:

thatwhichisnt

Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Might be thinking of a RPK.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I saw in some pix from Iraq,24" AKs,,,that were used by the haji's in their equiv. of designated marksman role,,,I loved the look,,,any exper. with krinks or AK pistols?:cool:

That was most likely a Dragunov/PSL/FPK. Function is very similar to the AK, but it's actually a different rifle altogether.

svd_clones.jpg

An AK pistol and Krinkov are basically the same thing, except that the Krink has a buttstock and would have to be registered as an SBR. Both are short barrel, and will lose some velocity/energy compared to a 16" barrel AK, but it's not a concern given what they are designed to do.

Two very different guns you've brought up. Personally, I'd recommend getting a standard 16" AK first and decide where to go from there.

Top Bottom