AK74 folding stock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marco

Family Friendly
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Sulphur LA.
    I'm new to the AK game and just got me a Tantal with the heavy wire folder. The gun shoots great. It's a lot more accurate than I am. I am very happy with it but that damn folding stock. Just by a Google search on the interwebz the stock I'd really like, the AK100 folder, seems to be scarce as hen's teeth. Do any of you know of any other options or just go with a WASR? Thanks in advance. Oh, and I keep reading about 5.5mm trunnions. How do I know what size they are?

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Adapting the AK100 or triangle folder to a standard AK requires a good bit of work. The receiver has to be cut/drilled and the rear trunnion replaced. I've gone that route, and for the money you'd spend (~$400 for parts an labor) I'd highly recommend just buying one of the Arsenal SGL series with the folding stock.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Supposedly you can just put a regular fixed stock on it, but I haven't tried it yet with my Tantal. I put a side rail on it and plan on getting a Kalinka setup at some point and see if that helps for longer shots.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Supposedly you can just put a regular fixed stock on it, but I haven't tried it yet with my Tantal. I put a side rail on it and plan on getting a Kalinka setup at some point and see if that helps for longer shots.

Yes, a regular fixed stock for a stamped receiver will fit.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    The wood stock will work and the lower hand guard but the upper hand guard is unique to the Tantal, and ironwood is the only place that makes a wood upper for it.

Top Bottom