Akai 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spic21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    I recently won a akai 1911 tactical. It retails for about $3600 and takes a year to get one. I really want a 2011 sti dvc open gun for competition though. So i thinking about selling the akai to get money for the dvc. But one side of me knows if i sell it ill never get another. But also know if i keep it ill never get the 2011. What would you do? Also gun only had about 200 rounds through it... what do yall think i could get for it?

Also i currently shoot limited with a xdm competition. I love my xdm and have put a bunch of money in it so its not like im in a hurry it change classes.

There always the option to shoot the akai in 1911 class as well....

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Me personally, if it was not something that I really wanted, I would have taken the cash value of the gun instead of the gun if possible. If not possible, I would sell it and purchase what I really want. YMMV.

spic21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Wasnt an option to take money. And gun is awesome and i do really like it. But im leaning towards selling for same reason as you said.

Gman45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Coopersville, Michigan
    Person I know bought new DVC in Dec and it cracked the comp in 1500 rounds. Sti replaced it no questions, but the replacement also cracked the comp in around 1500. Sti replaced it with another New gun. I would call Sti to see if they redesigned the comp cuts before purchase.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Keep the Akai . Develop something called patience (it's a virtue my Mom instilled in me ), start saving your money , put some away whenever you can, I know non instant gratification is hard but it will be worth it ....then buy the 2011 .
    Now you have both !
    If at some point in time you don't like one or the other , then sell one....but you might just like them both.
    Gary

Top Bottom