Alarm Suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    If this has been covered, please point me to the appropriate post. Thanks.

I need a wireless alarm system, un-monitored. Pretty much just doors with an audible alarm. I pretty much just wanna be woken up if somebody kicks my door in or some other non-sense. It don't even have to have a code, just a simple on/off. Immediate alarm if door is open. Suggestions?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Custom Security has some good deals. Certified Alarms too.

You could always get a big dog. That's partially my plan once I move :D

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Central Alarm hub, not just a door sensor alarm. All door sensors need to be connected to a central siren. Doesnt do me any good if they kick the front door in and I cant hear the little door siren. (Large house)

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I know you said unmonitored, but I just installed a system from frontpoint, and am veryyy happy so far. It's not often I feel like my money's well spent, like I do now.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I just put in a Simplisafe system as a backup to my existing system. (Yes, overkill.) VERY easy to install, and lots of options, including unmonitored and 3 levels of monitoring, with no contracts on any of them. I chose to go with the monitoring, which works via landline AND cell! Only issue was that I live in an area with ZERO T-Mobile signal, and the units ship standard with T-Mobile modules. After one small exchange with tech support, they sent me the Verizon module, free and via next-day air. You can put entry switches, panic switches, motion sensors, 2nd keypad, second siren, temp sensors, glass break sensors, even a water sensor to detect flooding. The system can handle up to 41 sensors! You can buy them direct from Simplisafe (go to http://simplisafe.com/hannity for a 10% discount) and they're also sold on Amazon. I spent $249 on Amazon for the 8-piece system, which has the base unit, 4 entry sensors, motion sensor, keypad, and keychain remote. I've only had it a week or so, but I'm extremely pleased with it.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I looked at the Simplisafe and seemed to like it, I may just bite the bullet and pay the 15 bucks a month. Im not real fond of monthly subscriptions to anything.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    From what you are saying, I'd suggest an ademco lynx 3000 or a DSC impassa. They are reliable, easy to work on, almost any company can monitor them if you decide to do that later, the parts are easily available for replacement and not prohibitively expensive, it features a voice chime so you know which door was opened, the battery life on the 5816 contacts are around 5 years and are CR123a batteries so you probably have some already, etc etc. I've probably installed about 2000 of them combined, haven't had any bad out of the box.

Top Bottom