*ALERT* Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I actually planned on making a topic about this anyway b/c I just heard the same thing on the radio by GOA Exec. Director Larry (Something) said that Bloomberg is ignorant and what he's doing is ignorant. He went on to say that the Nation is correcting it's view on the 2nd Amendment b/c Congress is actually pushing a 10% CUT to the BATFE Funding. He went on to say that hearing are coming out about the following News link and the implications are VERY SERIOUS!

Get home google ATF and sure enough a few minutes ago Fox is on it;

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-atf-allegations-agency-allowing-guns-mexico/

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms -- the agency tasked with keeping U.S. guns from being smuggled to Mexico -- has come under fire for allegedly allowing firearms to cross the border into Mexico.

Anyone want to help collaborate some info that supports or denies this? Thanks

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Wouldn't put anything past the ATF frankly.

While allowing these transactions to proceed to trace the path of the purchase is a legitimate technique in lots of investigations, the ATF has become a VERY political animal. And that means funding.

Kino74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Walker
    Wouldn't put anything past the ATF frankly.

While allowing these transactions to proceed to trace the path of the purchase is a legitimate technique in lots of investigations, the ATF has become a VERY political animal. And that means funding.

+1 on that. I'll go even as far as saying the ATF is trying to drum up support for an increase not only in funding but extending their reach.

Duhbob

Burnin'd'candle@bothenz
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Slidell
    Today's GUN OWNERS of AMERICA email update cited the BATFE reclassified shotguns (in 2009) that are equipped with pistol grips. By decreeing in 2009 that such firearms are not "shotguns," the ATF acted as a de facto legislative-making body. Now these destructive devices are grouped together with grenade launchers...
    Say it aint so!
    Is this really the law?
    My $200 Mossy Maverick 12ga. pump comes with the extra (pistol) grip in the box. If I put that on, I can't believe I have changed the substance or purpose of the gun enough to create a class III device.
    That's what we're dealing with I suppose. Pretty scary **** IMHO.
    Please comment if this is not all grounded in fact.

Top Bottom