Alexandria Indoor Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    Went by to see the new indoor range in Alexandria on Tuesday.
    It is a very nice facilty, Mr Johnson the owner and his wife were very helpful.
    They have an archery range on one side, classrooms, and then a 25 yard handgun/rifle (up to .30-06 if I remember correctly) range.
    If you are in this area, it would be a nice place to shoot.
    They are closed on Mondays but I think a local shooting club may have matches there on Monday night.
    Their website is www.alexandriaindoor.com
    Strength and Honor!
    TC

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    Ditto on being a great facility. I hope the community give it the necessary support to stay open. They offer concealed carry classes so now there is no excuse for not arming yourself if you live in or around Alexandria.

snapnek

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Woodworth, Louisiana
    I've shot there once. It's just a little pricey for me. I think a membership would be the way to go. I can't afford to pay that much to shoot. Very nice step-up, just to costly for me.

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    I went with the "punch card". Me, my wife or both can use.

Punch card (no membership required, no expiration date, can be shared)
    $75.00 for 6 visits (a $27 savings)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I shoot at the Fort Polk Range for $4 a day. Most times we go there during our lunch break for an hour, then back to work :)

Having that available, with the rifle range right next to it, and the 1000m range too, there's no way I'm paying that price to shoot indoors. Plus a skeet shooting range :p

Plus the range on base gives you free paper targets and has a stand up steel target to shoot with 6, 6'' Plates at the pistol range.

They too have competition shoots on the rifle range on the last weekend of the month.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Crap $345 for a year individual membership every other range that I have been to is usually about $140 for one year, I understand its a new facility and all but its not a country club where the kids get to go swim the wife gets to go do whatever wifes do and you get a chance to play golf or shoot, its just a range that is limited by how many hrs you can actually use it per day or week, not a good business aproach IMO eventhough they might be the "only" ones in the area you still have to have competitive prices,

snapnek

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Woodworth, Louisiana
    Yea, I have to agree that the prices are going to keep a lot of people from shooting there. I know my first trip was my last. Like I said before, the place is nice and nothing against the people that own the place or run it, I'm just not going to pay that kind of money to shoot. I've talked to a bunch of local people and they say the same thing. I wish the range the best of luck, I can't support it at those prices.

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    In New Orleans, I shoot at Shooter's Club.

Lets say I get their Gold Membership for a year, 65 dollars for 6 months x 2 = 130 dollars
    Now lets say I shoot EVERY week, at 5 dollars a visit, 52 weeks * 5 dollars = 260 dollars
    Shooting EVERY WEEK would cost 390 dollars

Lets say I get their Gold Membership for a year, 65 dollars for 6 months x 2 = 130 dollars
    Now lets say I shoot every OTHER week, at 5 dollars a visit, 26 weeks * 5 dollars = 130 dollars
    Shooting EVERY OTHER WEEK would cost 260 dollars.

Over the 17/day cost, the 345 dollars seems like a good deal. You have to go 21 times in a year to make it worth while. Of course, compared with shooters club (6 visits pays for the cost of the membership in savings), it again goes up in cost. They are counting on the once-a-month shooters to pay the 17 dollars for their one visit, and the weekly shooters to get the package deal. There is NO middle ground.

The Goal of Alexandria Indoor Shooting membership is for someone to come by more than once a week. With the cost of ammunition these days, plus gas, plus travel time, I just dont see it being a useful business plan. Giving the consumer the OPTION to come is better than FORCING them to come in. If I want to shoot 300 rounds once a month vs 50 rounds each time on 6 visits, there should be an option that provides me a similar cost pattern (ala the Gold Membership at shooters club).

But, if you live in Pineville or Alexandria, and you want to shoot at paper, its the only option within an hours time travel, so theyve got yah!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We have 60 acres. and 80% of it is timber. We have brought in a tractor in the past to build a damned good backstop. Shooting in the area isn't usually problematic for neighbors.

But I don't like to shoot in the back pasture alone, or where nobody can see me from the road if I were hurt etc. The shooting range provides an excellent solution to the problem when my spouse is too busy to shoot with me.

However, I can't justify nearly $400 for it when I can just get over my paranoid safety issues. :D

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    I shot there for the first time last Thursday. Bought a new S&W airweight .38 and had to try it out, since I had plans in town for the rest of the day.

Very nice range!! I enjoyed it, I shot about 125 rounds between the .38 and .40. I have to agree with most of you on the price. $17 for the day is kinda steep, Wouldn't be bad if I stayed for 4 or 5 hours, but thats alot of shooting. Even though I reload, that would still be a pricey trip, especially since I can step out my back door and shoot all I want. But it was a nice trip, picked up some .357 mag brass while I was there, talked to Mr. Johnson and his wife for a little while, tried to get some .45 LC and 44 mag brass.

As for ammo restrictions, all I spoke to him about was reloads. He said he didn't want hot loads. So I assume all factory ammo would be acceptable.

Last edited:

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    But, if you live in Pineville or Alexandria, and you want to shoot at paper, its the only option within an hours time travel, so theyve got yah!

Since I doubt the Woodworth range will be opening back up, you are right. From what I have been told, the RPSO range may be opening to the public soon, and if so that will be a better option.

I just purchased a G19 about an hour ago. I'll probably end up there sometime next Monday or Tuesday.

Congrats on the 19! Make sure you check the hours at the range. Unless it has changed, they are not open Monday.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Congrats on the 19! Make sure you check the hours at the range. Unless it has changed, they are not open Monday.

You're right. I wasn't thinking of that when I mentioned going next week. Monday's are shooting club days IIRC.

And thank you!!! That little bit of reduced size makes a significant difference for my personal use. It's not as smooth on the trigger as Spec's G17, but that's okay.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Cat you should have waited, you know there's a gun show this weekend right?

Mar 6-7 Alexandria, Rapides Coliseum Exhibit Hall,
    Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4 A.M.
    Sullivan 318-445-9286

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/images/Banners/Sullivan/Coupons/Alexandria%20$%20off%20Coupon%20mar%206-7%202010.htm

Top Bottom