Algiers man shot and killed while trying to save woman from carjacking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    A few people on the comments on Nola.com said they knew him and the family. Him and his wife don't have health insurance. He was the main source of income for the family. :(

They are trying to get together a fund for them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We simply cannot allow our emotions to help a family member, neighbor, acquaintance, or even a stranger in distress, overtake our sense of awareness that we may be unarmed in a potentially deadly situation.

And they say chivalry is dead?!?

Very sad, very tragic! Poor kids! Damn, that pisses me off.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    We simply cannot allow our emotions to help a family member, neighbor, acquaintance, or even a stranger in distress, overtake our sense of awareness that we may be unarmed in a potentially deadly situation.

In situations like this that is easier said than done, for some. Others would have have no problem watching.

Hopefully the catch this POS and burn him in public in front of his peers.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In situations like this that is easier said than done, for some. Others would have have no problem watching.

Well, if it's a carjacking, an armed robbery, and armed assault, a knife threatening, razor blade, broken bottle, nun-chuks, baseball bat, crow bar, hammer, screwdriver, drafting compass, sharp edge ruler, etc., etc. and I don't have a gun; I'm watching too! And from a safe distance.

Sorry. I ain't dying in front of my kids unless I have no choice! But since I GO NO WHERE without my gun, they will have to get the jump on me or randomly shoot me or stab me with no provocation or advance notice.

I am really getting tired of hearing about people who refuse to arm themselves in this day and age. I will give a pass to some, but able bodied individuals that can handle the weapon and pass the requirements; NO F'N WAY!

Arm yourselves, you douches out there!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Terrible story. Truly a selfless act....

I echo the about comments.....God Forbid if any of us are forced into a similar situation, may we never find ourselves unarmed.

This makes me mad as hell.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hopefully the catch this POS and burn him in public in front of his peers.

That's the other half of this story that is so disgusting- the fact that he won't be and you & I both know it. He'll be caught, alright- then locked up for an underterminded amount of years and appeals processes- and we will pay for it.

This cycle keeps going on and on with no end in sight.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    That's the other half of this story that is so disgusting- the fact that he won't be and you & I both know it. He'll be caught, alright- then locked up for an underterminded amount of years and appeals processes- and we will pay for it.

This cycle keeps going on and on with no end in sight.
    This is a part of New orleans but it aint the 9th ward.I have seen "cycles" end abruptly here.

I don't think they got an account set up yet. As soon as I find out one is set up, I'll let you all know.

Doesn't #1bambam live around there?
    Pretty close.Im positive they will have a account set up asap.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I am really getting tired of hearing about people who refuse to arm themselves in this day and age. I will give a pass to some, but able bodied individuals that can handle the weapon and pass the requirements; NO F'N WAY!

Personally I've never found a way to carry a concealed weapon without being extremely physically uncomfortable.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Well, if it's a carjacking, an armed robbery, and armed assault, a knife threatening, razor blade, broken bottle, nun-chuks, baseball bat, crow bar, hammer, screwdriver, drafting compass, sharp edge ruler, etc., etc. and I don't have a gun; I'm watching too! And from a safe distance.

Sorry. I ain't dying in front of my kids unless I have no choice! But since I GO NO WHERE without my gun, they will have to get the jump on me or randomly shoot me or stab me with no provocation or advance notice.

You are wrong. Carrying a gun is not for everybody. Some people have to decide if even owning a firearm is right for them. Able bodied, does not mean that one should arm themselves. They have to have it in them to do so. You have to realize, NOT every one thinks like you do. Just like the ******* that committed this crime, we don't think like him.

People should not delude themselves into thinking the world is just lolly pops, rainbows, and unicorns either though.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Personally I've never found a way to carry a concealed weapon without being extremely physically uncomfortable.

Smaller framed guns?!? Ankle holster, pockets!?! Open Carry?!? Knife, at least?!? Personal Tazer?!? Pepper Spray?!? Sock full of nickels?!? Walking cane with blade or epee?!?

Hell, Bad breath and an absurd case of flatulence is better than nothing.

There is something YOU can do. Don't bet your life on hopes and wishes nowadays.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom