Alien gear holsters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    How bout it? Anyone here use? Opinions?

Here's my one worry. I'm a skinny ass. I have theis holster and he put some curve in it to wrap around my waist better (carry at 3:00). Flat holsters tend to leave places where it doesn't fit against my body well.

Anyway, what's the skinny on alien gear?

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Cheap, 30 day return if you don't like it. Lifetime warranty and shell replacements. 4 week turnaround, just got mine. Retention needed adjustment but overall happy.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Cheap.
    Affordable.
    Low Quality.
    Simple.

"You get what you pay for."

I would not recommend them if you carry at 3 o'clock.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    the tuck 3 just came out. yeager just put out a review today, seems to dig em. im partial to keyhole holsters though

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Explain please. Curious as to why.

Hybrid holsters are great for small of the back 4-5 o'clock, even 3 o'clock on a really large person, but for skinny people, they don't bend enough. It's not limited to the Alien Gear holsters. I've tried crossbreed holsters at 3 o'clock and it just doesn't work well. Then again, I don't know what gun you're wanting to wear at 3 o'clock. I wouldn't carry anything larger than a sub-compact, in that position, just because of the discomfort of that style holster with a larger gun.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Hybrid holsters are great for small of the back 4-5 o'clock, even 3 o'clock on a really large person, but for skinny people, they don't bend enough. It's not limited to the Alien Gear holsters. I've tried crossbreed holsters at 3 o'clock and it just doesn't work well. Then again, I don't know what gun you're wanting to wear at 3 o'clock. I wouldn't carry anything larger than a sub-compact, in that position, just because of the discomfort of that style holster with a larger gun.

In the instructions for the Aliengear it states that the holster is intended to be worn at 4-5. I agree and find this the most comfortable.

Thanks both. Maybe I'll try mine at 4-5 and see how that works out. Between that and some moleskin on the rough leather edge maybe it'll solve my little nagging comfort issue.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'll say that they are cheap enough to try one out, and usually sell quickly on the secondary market. So, even if you don't like it, you can sell it easily.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    DAVE_M is spot on about affordable but lower quality. But they are very flexible so it should conform to your body better. I am 6' and 190 (not fat but not super thin either), and I carry mine at 3-3:30 all day every day (Sig P938). Totally conforms to body anywhere you want to wear it without a break-in period like more common leather options. Mine has had a couple of issues, but aliengear immediately sent out new stuff every time I asked them.
    On the negative side, the rigid layer in the backer has cracked through over time (6 months) on both of the backers I received. Love the concept though and I am looking to replace it with a stealthgear.
    What gun will you carry in it?

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I have been using Alien Gear Holsters for about 2 years now and absolutely love them. I recommend them to everybody that ask about IWB holsters. I have them for all my carry firearms- Springer EMP & TRP, Glock 42 and 43. I'll carry at the 3:30 position for all firearms. NO printing issues, weather my shirt is tucked in or not, sitting or standing etc.

Alien Gear customer service is great, I had an issue with stitching coming loose on the backing pad. One to call and I had another backing pad in about 2 days. The only other gripe I have is the top portion where the back of the pistol is, has a tendency to fold over a little. It's not really a big deal at least to me but,
    I'm getting ready to order the 3.0 backing pad for all my holsters with the updated spring steel, thus eliminating the cracking of the plastic in the ridged layer built into the backing pad.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I carry a cw9. Currently in a theis but it gets a little intimate in a couple spots and rubs me wrong. Break in isn't making it much better like I thought it would. My choice is something like AG or just putting some moleskin on this one. (Which I may try first) or even smoothing out those bothersome edges with some fine sandpaper. I hate undershirts especially under t shirts so that's not an option.

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    One of my co-workers just got one for his 43. He got the combo and is not use to carrying off duty. He really likes it and said after a while, forgot he even had it on. Good piece of kit. He is about 6'2" 220 and it hides under a t-shirt.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    I ordered the combo with both options, carry S&W 9 shield. Find both styles to be comfortable and easily concealed in any style clothing I've tried including comfortable shorts and t shirts. Took three weeks for them to arrive, adjusted only the retention after fit test with holster on. 3 O'clock is ok, not bad most situations for me, 4 O'clock is my choice for comfort and reach. Have had no issues with quality, and family members that know I am carrying can't tell where it is. Friends and others in public never see anything, and I don't even get a noticeable print from the outside waste holster.
    My opinion they are worth every penny.
    6-0 tall 200 lb

Last edited:

Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    How bout it? Anyone here use? Opinions?

Here's my one worry. I'm a skinny ass. I have theis holster and he put some curve in it to wrap around my waist better (carry at 3:00). Flat holsters tend to leave places where it doesn't fit against my body well.

Anyway, what's the skinny on alien gear?

I bought one and I'm a very thin dude. I ended up sending it back because the Kydex part was so large that it wouldn't wrap around when I carry at 4:00. The holster would never mold to my body like a Crossbreed will. I tried them but I couldn't do it.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    Alien Gear makes really comfortable holsters. Tyler Botts, from Alien Gear, will be on Gun Talk radio today (Sunday) at 2:10CDT. In Baton Rouge, on 107.3FM. They have a new two-holster deal he'll be talking about.

Tom

ps. Save $ on guns, ammo, etc., with the Gundealio smartphone app.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    I just got my Cloak Tuck 3.0 a few days ago and been wearing at at the 4:30 position, over my back pocket. Feels comfortable but can not get the can't right for me for drawing the gun or re holstering it with ease compared to my X-Concleamnet OWB holster that has a cant forward, any suggestions ?

Top Bottom