All UN small arms/reloading treaty threads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    A dog and pony show for now.

But The UN cannot be trusted to regulate anything properly and without corruption.
    And I wouldn't put it past them to use it to try and regulate global commerce (of which weapons are a huge part).

Holding our legislators' feet to the fire over this is just one small step in the right direction.

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    Does this have any merit?

Stop UN Gun Treaty
    By DICK MORRIS
    Published on DickMorris.com on April 2, 2013
    Click Here To Sign The Petition To Stop The Arms Trade Treaty!
    The United Nations General Assembly has just voted to approve the text of a global regulation of small arms trade. The United States voted for the treaty, making it clear that Obama and Secretary of State Kerry will sign it and submit it to the Senate for ratification.

Oddly, the three nations most likely to violate the treaty -- Iran, Syria, and North Korea -- all voted against it and won't sign up.

But the real danger in this treaty, as we warned in our book Here Come the Black Helicopters, is that it sets up the basis for gun control in the United States. Since the U.S. accounts for about a third of all private sector small arms exports, the treaty is really aimed directly at us. (Since more than three quarters of all small arms exports are by governments not by private firms or individuals, the treaty will really do little to stop them).

The Treaty does not set out provisions with which nations must comply. Instead, it sets goals and empowers a new international regulatory body to deal with individual nations to bring about compliance. The nations who sign the treaty are obliged to stop arms transfers by private companies and citizens to terrorists, drug gangs, and other bad actors. (Precisely the same folks Holder supplied with guns in Fast and Furious).

How the nations of the world comply is up to them and up to the international regulatory body. The inevitable byproduct of this treaty is an escalating series of gun registration, controls and confiscation steps imposed by treaty without requiring the consent of the Congress.

In fact, these measures could be imposed by the U.S. courts since the treaty would be the law of the land and could be the subject of judicial intervention.

We must stop this treaty. Its passage is an obvious back door way around the likely failure of gun control legislation in the Congress. This Treaty, which only needs Senate approval, would cut the Republican House out of the deal entirely.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Rephrasing your post:
    "Is this article, written by the author of "Here comes the Black Helicopters" and is urging you to sign an online petition, have any merit?"
    I believe the answer becomes self evident.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Does this have any merit?

You know I couldn’t tell you for sure b/c yesterday (R)Flemming(LA) was on Washington Watch saying that if the Senate Ratifies this treaty it will most assuredly be a back door to ban "small arms and light weapons" and no one Politician will be to blame b/c the excuse will be "We are bound by the UN Treaty"

Of course that 'IF' is quite a big 'IF' but if paying attention in the past several years as taught us anything it should be that ANYTHING is possible with this Current White House and Senate Majority.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You know I couldn’t tell you for sure b/c yesterday (R)Flemming(LA) was on Washington Watch saying that if the Senate Ratifies this treaty it will most assuredly be a back door to ban "small arms and light weapons" and no one Politician will be to blame b/c the excuse will be "We are bound by the UN Treaty"

Of course that 'IF' is quite a big 'IF' but if paying attention in the past several years as taught us anything it should be that ANYTHING is possible with this Current White House and Senate Majority.

This administration has been lying and misleading the public since day one. The media continues to cover for this fool and his henchmen. At this point in time, Richard Nixon could be more trusted than this pretender.

Unfortunately, this numbskull is having the last laugh.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why would ANYONE NOT be suspicious of the UN's intentions? These are the same f***ers took it upon themselves to "monitor" OUR national elections this past fall to make sure "conservative groups" weren't suppressing the poor, downtrodden Obama voters.

Please.:dunno:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    My apologies if this was posted elsewhere.... but Mary Landrieu voted AGAINST upholding our Second Amendment rights agains the UN Arms Trade Treaty.

This was a post on another forum:

With a vote of 53-46 in the pre-dawn hours Saturday, the Senate approved a measure "to uphold
    Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations
    Arms Trade Treaty."
    Here is a list of the 46 traitors that thought our 2nd Amendment isn't worth upholding, and Are
    willing to hand it over to the UN. These traitors need to be unemployed come the next election.

9350d1365285722-senate-vote-un-arms-trade-treaty-traitors.jpg

Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    Landrieu (D-LA)Voted To Give Our Gun Rights To The U.N.

46 Senators Who Voted To Give Our Gun Rights To The U.N.
    Posted on June 2, 2013 by RRangel
    Recently it appears that we came just four votes shy of handing our gun rights over to the United Nations. Four votes could have been the difference, between allowing Obama’s White House, to give our Second Amendment away to the United Nations. These are the 46 Senators that voted against a measure “To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.”
    Hat tip from the NRA San Gabriel Valley Members Council.
    Baldwin (D-WI)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Bennet (D-CO)
    Blumenthal (D-CT)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Brown (D-OH)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Cardin (D-MD)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Casey (D-PA)
    Coons (D-DE)
    Cowan (D-MA)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Franken (D-MN)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Hirono (D-HI)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kaine (D-VA)
    King (I-ME)
    Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    McCaskill (D-MO)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Merkley (D-OR)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Murphy (D-CT)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Schatz (D-HI)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Shaheen (D-NH)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Udall (D-CO)
    Udall (D-NM)
    Warner (D-VA)
    Warren (D-MA)
    Whitehouse (D-RI)
    Wyden (D-OR
    Astonishingly, 46 of our United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Astonishingly??? Hardly. It's to be expected from each and every crooked SOB up there.

We also were not "just 4 votes shy". They were 26 votes shy. There has to be a 2/3 majority for a treaty to be ratified by the Senate. Granted, I don't like Landrieu in DC any more than you do, but at least get your facts straight if you're going to go political on your first post.

Last edited:

Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    Ritten I hear you. My point is that La Senator Landrieu voted in favor for this. This is a re-post from and article by RRangel I viewed on The Gun Wire and at the end of the article he gives permission to re-post. The original post is at gunilizer.com. If any president were to sign and executive treaty i.g."Arms Trade Treaty" then yes the Senate would then takes up a resolution of ratification to give the president advice and consent to proceed with ratification. The resolution would require 2/3 majority vote of approval for the president to proceed with ratification . She may soon have the potential votes on treaties since we know that the United Nations has passed their "Arms Trade Treaty" which may or may not be signed by the president soon. We shall see.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Landrieu won't get my vote . She should vave been gone the last election. Last minutes vote gave her a victory . Bye Bye Mary

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom