All UN small arms/reloading treaty threads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    and midget sex.

little-people-big-world-cast.jpg

Proof

Woods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    If they actually try to confiscate guns from citizens, and the confiscators start getting two in the chest and one in the head, I think they'll get the message.

Until then, I have a feeling they just assume everyone will comply.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Are you trying pointing out that this arms trade treaty only deals with major arms like nuclear missiles and tanks?

"The United Nations, which is pursuing a proposal for "a world without nuclear weapons", will soon turn its attention to another new goal in the field of disarmament: creating a legally-binding treaty on conventional arms.

The proposed new treaty, which is expected to be ready for a U.N. Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty in 2012, will regulate the global trade in conventional arms, including fighter planes, combat helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, warships, missiles, battle tanks and armoured personnel carriers."

There's a big difference between nukes and everything else. This would basically regulate our entire military. Then it's not hard to imagine them moving right along to small arms.
    Pretty soon we'll all be eating with plastic sporks.

Woods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I think he's just adding another viewpoint... one that's a little less biased.

It was also interesting to read about the treaty itself, not about what someone is worried it could lead to.

I found it interesting that the treaty involves all things that apply to conventional warfare, and not just handguns and rifles.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Is this the treaty that you're referring to? If so, then it is my understanding that it addresses the regulation of arms exports and imports and does not attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    NRA News: UN Doomsday Treaty With Ginny Simone

I searched but did not see this posted. Interesting YouTube video on gun control. My apologies if this has already been posted.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU[/ame]

pallnet

I like chicken..
    Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Slidell
    I read somewhere that if there is a state of emergency is declared during the time of a presidential election then the current president will stay in power. 2012 is the time of an election right? If he creates a state of emergency for the country by signing a treaty and calling in the blue helmets to attempt to strip us of our guns then he can play dictator. Damn I need to buy more ammo and more range time practicing shooting at blue targets.
    pallnet

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    If they actually try to confiscate guns from citizens, and the confiscators start getting two in the chest and one in the head, I think they'll get the message.

Until then, I have a feeling they just assume everyone will comply.

You can bet they will come in groups and you will have 10 to the chest before you get a second shot off.

Top Bottom