All you Beretta PX4 owners!!!!! Need Info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    whats the deal with SA/DA and constant?? Constant is more like a Glock right? well whats SA/DA? I know it means Single Action and Double Action but whats the difference? I'm sorry if I'm being handgun dumb right now.

Not making fun of you, but this is a perfect example of the kind of information that would be covered in a quality CHP class, and yet people still think it is not necessary. :rolleyes:

To answer your question...verybriefly and basicly.

SA/DA refers to the action that is performed when the trigger is pulled.

1. 1911's and old cowboy revolvers are single action. The hammer must be manually cocked and the pulling of the trigger performs a single action--releasing the hammer.

This is a relatively "light" trigger pull

2. Double action are things like the typical revolver and DA semi's, where pulling the trigger cocks the hammer and releases the hammer...IE..double action- two actions.

This is a relatively heavier trigger pull

3. Striker fired actions (constant actions) like Glock, Springfield XD, etc...are a little different in that they are very basically a firing pin on a spring. I am sure there is someone here that can articulate striker fired actions than I can.

This is a constant relatively medium trigger pu
    ll

4. Most semi's that are not 1911 style, the first shot is double action, and every shot after that is single action, resulting in a firearm with two distinctly different trigger pulls. This is what you will see with most LEO and MIL type firearms other than Glocks. SOme consider this a "safety" mechanism from unintentional discharges since it takes much more force to fire the first shot.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    I guess I'm the only one here who does not like the PX4, feels "cheap".
    I want my old 92F back!!!

If it had been my decision a G17 or M&P 9 would have been a better alternative

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    whats the deal with SA/DA and constant?? Constant is more like a Glock right? well whats SA/DA? I know it means Single Action and Double Action but whats the difference? I'm sorry if I'm being handgun dumb right now.

Type D is double action only and similar to a Glock and the one I prefer. No additional controls to be concerned with, just point and shoot.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just another one for the collection. I CHP my Glock 23. I just don't own a 9mm or anything beretta and I think it's a fine looking handgun.

Top Bottom