Alleman Firearms Instruction

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Anyone familiar with Sam Alleman of Alleman Firearms Instruction?

I basically just googled "Lafayette LA CHP" and a post from him popped up on arfcom with a link to his site, http://ralph.lafayette.la.us/instructor/about.html

I checked his calendar, and a class is scheduled for this weekend at Barneys, so that's it, that's the ticket for me. Called him up to confirm and so long as he a couple people, we're GTG. $100 plus $20 for the Notary. I need to get this done. I'm well overdue, so I'm headin' out there Saturday.

Anyone familiar with Sam Alleman? I tried a search on his name, in the forum, and nothing turned up. Anything to say? Good, bad, informative, a story teller, a bullshitter, a smart guy, well versed... any or all of the above? Just curious, before I go waltzing in, if there's anything to say.

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    $20 for the Notary?! While it does not help you out, I will take the opportunity to remind anyone in the NOLA area that I am happy to notarize their CCW applications for a smile and a handshake.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    $20 for the Notary?! While it does not help you out, I will take the opportunity to remind anyone in the NOLA area that I am happy to notarize their CCW applications for a smile and a handshake.

Yea, I've seen you mention that before, however the NOLA area is more than $20 gas from here! :D I've heard Notary fees cost from $10 to $50 around Lafayette, so if it's on the lower end of the range, I'm fine.

Honestly, at this point, I've been kicking myself in the butt so much for waiting -THIS LONG- to get my CHP that I'm just willing to GET IT DONE ASAP and get it over with so I can put it behind me.

I've been reading and learning about gun and self defense related law in this state (as much as you can learn on the net, fwiw) for a couple years (since before I was a member on this forum, but this forum contributed the majority of the info, I bet) and I've been in the state for about 5, now.

I'm just glad the ball is now rolling.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I took it today, actually. They offer the class once a month at Barneys. I think so long as at least 2 people show up, they do the class.

I was very impressed by the class. I thought that it might be boring for me. It was absolutely not. The instructors (there were 3 well qualified trainers/instructors) were very much interested in delivery the best instruction with the most information possible in a day, without boring anyone.

There was a great mix of lecture, supportive media, and Q&A / open discussion. They seemed quite well experienced, very knowledgeable, as well as providing a great range of information on all required topics.

I was quite impressed with the course. They've only been instructing since August, which might be why some of you never heard of them.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    If you are a regular at your bank, (you do know the branch manager by name and he knows you, right), you should be able to get something notarized there for free. If they won't do that, you need a different bank.

sambeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Wow, I should check in here more often. Yeah, I might know that guy. Thanks for all the praise. :)

I am not a notary, but I have a friend who does notary work as a side business. I certainly don't require anyone to use her services, but I like throwing business her way when I can.

We have a few upcoming courses just in case anyone is interested... February 19th, March 5, and March 26th.

Sam Alleman
    LSP Instructor #484

Top Bottom