Alright...... Who pulled over my wife on I-10???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    So the wife went and did a training class with Pablo today. After she was all finished and headed home, in a great mood BTW. She gets got at an overpass by Jennings. She was jamming out to Jason Aldean on the radio and cruising home. She got popped for 82 in a 70.

Told me she was asked to come to the back of the car and that is when the Trooper asked her where she was coming from. She explained and then they started a conversation about her shooting technique and what she was shooting. She felt very confident that she was going to get a seat belt violation and be on her way, but no.

So what is the best way to take care of this? I dont mean to make it disappear, just get changed to a non-moving violation. Dont kill us on insurance and all.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    If it was a local (sheriff or city) wait a few days then call the D.A.s office for that parish. The number will probably be on the back of the ticket. If her record is ok and she didn't give the officer a hard time they'll usually change it. I don't know if this works the same way if it was a state trooper. For commercial drivers it doesn't.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Call District Attorney Michael Cassidy 's office and either speak to him or one of the Assistant DA's

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yes it was. :bravo:

<------ Seriously happy husband here!!!!

Made me smile even bigger when she told me that she wants to start getting in to competitions when I get home and was looking forward to the next range session/class.

She looked great handling that weapon, I wouldn't want her coming after me.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I went to school with Mike. Nice guy. Helped my son out with a ticket once.

They've helped me out before, too. Very accommodating. There's a female Assistant District Attorney in there who's very helpful but I can't remember her name right off the top of my head.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    In LA, I have only been able to go to court unless it's a small town. Court makes it go to a non-moving unless you were just being absurd. I had to do my dues for a 29 over once, but anything shy of that, and you get missing gas cap, etc. In a small town, you can meet with the mayor or DA or whoever usually. In Mansfield, I met with the mayor.

I would think state police = court. DA's will not speak to you, neither will the prosecutor, or anyone in their office where I live. It's court, or pay. Period. Negotiations happen in court only. No exceptions. You cannot call to change your appointment. You cannot call to speak about it. You cannot visit in person. Nothing. Period. Nada. Show up or pay or accept a bench-warrant for your arrest for failing to appear. Those are the only 3 options. Ever. I have not had an LSP give me a ticket yet, but have had bossier and spd. With them, court only. No-matter what.

This applies to Shreveport/Bossier.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I would think state police = court. DA's will not speak to you, neither will the prosecutor, or anyone in their office where I live. It's court, or pay. Period. Negotiations happen in court only. No exceptions. You cannot call to change your appointment. You cannot call to speak about it. You cannot visit in person. Nothing. Period. Nada. Show up or pay or accept a bench-warrant for your arrest for failing to appear. Those are the only 3 options. Ever. I have not had an LSP give me a ticket yet, but have had bossier and spd. With them, court only. No-matter what.

This applies to Shreveport/Bossier.

I've had positive success with LSP tickets in both Calcasieu and Jeff Davis by speaking to the DA's office prior to court date

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Yes it was. :bravo:

<------ Seriously happy husband here!!!!

Made me smile even bigger when she told me that she wants to start getting in to competitions when I get home and was looking forward to the next range session/class.

link to video?

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I've had positive success with LSP tickets in both Calcasieu and Jeff Davis by speaking to the DA's office prior to court date

Yep success here in Baton Rouge after a LSP ticket speaking with the DA. Nice people. Dress well, don't be an ass, and they'll usually knock it down to a non-moving violation + court costs. GL!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Can't or should I say don't know how from the phone. But it is on Pablo's Facebook page. I am sure someone will be along that can.

HITMAN!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have it on your phone? if so E-mail it to me.

and Uh I don't have Pablo on my list anymore
    smiley-confused2.gif

Last edited:
    Top Bottom