Am I missing something? (XDM40)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Can this be correct? A $150 difference in price on the Springfield XDM .40, 4.5".
    Bass Pro lists it for sale at $699.99 and Academy lists it for $549.99.

http://www.basspro.com/Springfield-Armory-XD(M)-40-S&W-Pistol/product/10218509/

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/springfield-armory-xd-m-40-s-w-semiautomatic-pistol/pid-829953?N=39632023+4294951137+10001

I'm starting to shop around for the best price so I've been looking at a ton of websites. Maybe my eyes are getting crossed and I am missing something.
    Now finding the pistol is stock is another story...

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Hmmmm, I had always found Academy to be extremely over priced on handguns. Its been about 3yrs since I've purchased one and looked around at prices.

I've never checked into Bass Pro.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    That's how it was with my P238. Got it on sale for $450 at academy. It's $650+ everywhere else.

From what I researched, Academy gets special pricing on some items since they buy in such bulk.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I've compared prices at Academy with prices at Cabela's & Bass Pro and usually Academy beats them. I've never seen this much of a price difference though. I've noticed that both Bass Pro and Cabela's have more of a selection on handguns than the three Academy locations near me (Hammond, Covington, Slidell). They both seem to have some package deals that you can't find at other retailers too. But with the XD line of pistols, you get the same package wherever you buy from, so that's not anything I need to consider.
    I went to the Slidell gun show last Sunday and there was only one dealer there with the XD line. Regardless of caliber, the price was $649 for the 4.5" XDM's. That was his "show special." His regular price was marked as $699. Once I get the money together I plan to check around with some local shops to see what prices I can get. Hopefully I can support someone local if they can come close to Academy's price.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Buds will ship the Croatian Special for $536, add $20 transfer fee and it is $556 OTD.

Top Bottom