Amendment #2 Passes!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Good. Haven't been on the internet much. When I do I have too much paperwork and such to catch up on to surf.

Been travelling in my bus some. Still have not replaced my AR :(

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Good work everyone! Now get out there and challenge those concealed carry laws!!!!

Just kidding! :mamoru:

I know you say just kidding....but one reason I was really for this is that I was very surprised to hear that it is now against the law to drive ones car with a concealed weapon in La.
    It never was like that. Ones car was always an extension of their home....but at some point that seems to have changed. At least that is what I think I read somewhere.
    I know that Mississippi Law says this----which makes more sense IMO ---"It shall not be a violation for any person over 18 to carry a concealed firearm within his home, place of business, or real property associated with his home or place of business, or within his motor vehicle."

Anyway....I would think that our laws would at least be the same as Mississippi now......and if I walk from my house to my car with a concealed weapon.....and then get pulled over....I would not be breaking the law if pulled over....Providing I don't get out of the car with the concealed weapon.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Seargent Reavis told me that you could conceal carry on private property with permission from the owner without a permit, including in a church. We had a very lengthy discussion, but I do believe he said without a permit you could carry in your car, just not to get out of it without having them disarm you inside your vehicle. That part didn't really concern me, since I had his undivided attention in person I mainly talked about carrying in church and school areas. He is truly a gun guy.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Seargent Reavis told me that you could conceal carry on private property with permission from the owner without a permit, including in a church. We had a very lengthy discussion, but I do believe he said without a permit you could carry in your car, just not to get out of it without having them disarm you inside your vehicle. That part didn't really concern me, since I had his undivided attention in person I mainly talked about carrying in church and school areas. He is truly a gun guy.

So, I guess that clears up this issue, huh???

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?87938-CCW-required-for-pistol-in-vehicle&p=1077688#post1077688

I never did get back in touch with him, so I'm glad someone did. I've been absent from these parts since not long after that thread and just came back to talk election stuff.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    My concealed carry permit is set to expire in a few months. Wonder if I should renew? Don't think I would want to be the guinea pig to test it but I also don't want to waste money on the pointless class and permit.

Top Bottom