ammo in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Today I noticed this.

Walmart on Seigen lane had $8.97 boxes of 50 federal 9mm FMJ. $30 winchester white boxes of 100 rounds 38 special 130 grain FMJ.

Academy had monarch 380 ammo in stock. $17 a box.

I'm hoping that this means some of the supply is coming back.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Today I noticed this.

Walmart on Seigen lane had $8.97 boxes of 50 federal 9mm FMJ. $30 winchester white boxes of 100 rounds 38 special 130 grain FMJ.

Academy had monarch 380 ammo in stock. $17 a box.

I'm hoping that this means some of the supply is coming back.

Yes, Wal Mart has been catching up on ammo. supplies for the past month.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I went to Academy and picked up some .380 which I needed. With the five box limit, both store had a least another 5 boxes of .380. FWIW, the BR Academy stores seem to have more pistol ammo than the Lafayette store.

Last edited:

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Holy Crap. Went to Academy on Airline tonight... More ammo than I have seen in MONTHS!

I saw at least 4 boxes of 380... which I bought on the spot. They had 38, 380, 45, 40, 9mm... etc. Looked like they had plenty. All around their normal prices too.

Very happy to see it hitting the shelves.

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Yeah i bought some .40 ammo from the Academy on airline the other day. We asked them about the 5 box limit. The guy told us that people were buying all their stock and re-selling it to other gun places who would turn it around and sell it for 2x what Academy sold it to them for.

One of those places was Arms Merchant in Mandeville. My friend bought .380 ammo from them the other day and he looked on the bottom of the box and it had an Academy sticker on it. He paid $30 for the box of Monarch .380 rds. the same box that he bought at Academy for $17 a few days later. He said that he really needed the ammo or he would not have bought it. Also a range in Slidell called F.I.T.S. was doing the same thing.

Ever since Academy put the 5 box limit sign F.I.T.S. will not allow people to shoot Monarch ammo. According to the guy behind the counter at Academy who used to work at the Academy in Slidell.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom