Ammo in Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Walmart (Natchez Dr one by Lowes/1-10) had some 9mm yesterday (12-15 boxes), plenty of .40, some .223 and 5.56, and about 15 boxes of Wolf 7.62x39 (they typically always have that), tons of shot gun ammo.

Stopped in at American Gun and Pawn (on Gause near Northshore Mall) today. He's got pretty much everything. He has .22 but it's expensive. Said he wanted it for his grand opening and bought it off a customer in order to have it. Didn't stop by Academy, so not sure what their stock looks like.

Happy hunting.

Bayou52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Slidell, La
    About a month ago, I got lucky - stopped by the Walmart on Natchez in Slidell early one weekday moorning to buy a blanket. While looking through the blankets, I saw an employee working the ammo cabinet. I bee- lined it over there and there was one brick of Win 22LR, 555 count, in the cabinet. Price: $21.77. That's the first brick I've seen in Walmart in a year. Needless to say, it left the store with me.

Other than this, the only bricks I've seen this past year have been at gunshows where sellers have been asking 3-4 times the Walmart cost.

Bayou52

LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Everytime I go to Wal-Mart (Natchez in Slidell) for groceries or anything else, I always pass by the ammo section. 9mm & .40/.45 they usually stock something, personal protection is almost always there, bulk is hit and miss. Ive seen the bulk boxes before. .223/5.56 is usually always something in stock, as well as larger rifle ammo. Same goes for shotgun shells. Hardest thing to get is 22LR. I spoke w/ the mgr, he said that a man and his wife comes almost every morning around 7am to check. They allow 3 boxes each. Anytime he gets .22lr they pretty much buy 6 boxes between the two of them (which they usually only get a few boxes). Mgr said he got ONE brick of .22LR about 4 months ago!!! Bayou52, let me know if you want to sell your lucky brick!!! :) Ill give you a whopping 10% over cost!!!

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    A few months ago I was at the Wal-Mart (Natchez in Slidell) and was looking at the ammo selection. I had my three allowable boxes at the counter. The guy in front of me happened to know the cashier. He asked him if there was any .22 ammo available. The cashier stated that he had some but was holding it for a department manager. He stated that since the department manager was unaware of how many boxes there was, he let the guy purchase one box of Remington subsonic. Since I was able to see that and the cashier did not want any trouble, I traded one of my other boxes for a box of .22's also.

Top Bottom