Ammo SHORTAGE DRASTIC Measures..Now with Pictures

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Anyone have experience with Hatsan? I'm looking at a Hatsan 95 in .22 with a Walnut stock. Besides negative reviews on the factory scope, all the reviews seem good.

Do some lurking over at gatewaytoairguns.org From what I've observed the Hatsan's are a pretty good value for the $. Their ones they make for others, such as the Daisy Powerline 1000 series, are a little rougher around the collar. But they are still good platforms for the money. I tuned my FIL's Powerline 1000, it went from being a rough shooter he was considering trashing to being a smooth shooter that he now keeps at the ready for pests.

WatcherInLa

WatcherinLa
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Bay Minette, Al.
    Anyone have experience with Hatsan? I'm looking at a Hatsan 95 in .22 with a Walnut stock. Besides negative reviews on the factory scope, all the reviews seem good.

Check out the review on airgunweb.com . Hatsan has been steadily improving in quality over the past few years. For a .22, the 95 seems to be one of the best values out there.

On another note, I did a break in with my new Ruger .177. It settled down to 973 fps 5 shot average using Crosman Premier HP pellets.
    I shot a few others pellets through it, and it doesn't seem to be that picky about pellet selection. I was only able to shoot 12 yards so far, but I just got it a week ago.
    Still, no matter which pellet I used, I was grouping under a nickel shooting offhand. I'm very pleased with it. It's a perfect clone of the RWS 34, so I may even buy a .22 barrel for it and see how that works out.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Eye's Ain't what they used to be:{

Glad to see everyone enjoying these post:}

Are most of you simply using open/original sights on your Air rifle or are U scoping them....

I kind of like the old school open sights but my old school eyes ain't as sharp as they used to be lol

Too may rats in the barn getting away lol

Heck they seem to have gotten together and put up a sign?

m535j76cqpx3yv0h45cs.jpg

WatcherInLa

WatcherinLa
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Bay Minette, Al.
    Looking for a scope for a Hatsan 95.

Anyone have experience w/ a Hammers 3-9x40 ?
    I've read good reviews on the Hammers, but Leaper/UTG and Hawke seem to be the best values.

My eyes won't let me shoot that well past 20 yards anymore, so I scope everything. The scope that comes with the Hatsan 95 isn't bad, it just doesn't focus well in closer than 10 to 15 yards. If you can find a Leapers/UTG Bug Buster, it will adjust in to 3 yards parallax.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Which caliber airgun will be best for dispatching of large opossums? (Size of small dogs). Finally figured out why the animal food was disappearing so fast. these didnt "play dead", can't use the 10/22 in my backyard.
    thats when you turn your 10/22 into a pellet gun.

CB ammunition, fires off primer caps only, no powder.

same noise level as pellets, and it's pretty fun to shoot.

you can load the 10 round mag you have with them and use it as a 10 shot bolt action pellet repeater.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I use these as well but you can't find any 22's for sale right now. This is about using pellet guns since you can still find pellets to shoot for a small caliber gun.

On another note, has anyone used the .25cal air rifles for hunting. I'm looking at one of those Hatsan models for $129 which shoots a .25cal pellet at 650fps which is about as fast as a Benjamin pump .22cal with a lot heavier pellet and greater frontal area.

thats when you turn your 10/22 into a pellet gun.

CB ammunition, fires off primer caps only, no powder.

same noise level as pellets, and it's pretty fun to shoot.

you can load the 10 round mag you have with them and use it as a 10 shot bolt action pellet repeater.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    anyone experimented with loading a .22 pellet into a .22lr case before?

kinda like replacing the original .22 load altogether to make a CB like effect?

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    My Hatsan 95 in 22 is much better than I expected. The Turkish wood is really nice. It gives the rifle some weight, which I like. I don't feel like I'm holding a cheap toy and I'm used to guns that weigh a few pounds. I've already been able to dispatch of a few critters in the yard. The open sights work really great. The rifle is accurate right out of the box.

Only negative: included scope does not stay mounted on gun. But I read many reviews stating this before I purchased, so it wasn't unexpected. However it does serve nicely as a spottting scope.

Any recommendations for a variable power scope?

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    My Hatsan 95 in 22 is much better than I expected. The Turkish wood is really nice. It gives the rifle some weight, which I like. I don't feel like I'm holding a cheap toy and I'm used to guns that weigh a few pounds. I've already been able to dispatch of a few critters in the yard. The open sights work really great. The rifle is accurate right out of the box.

Only negative: included scope does not stay mounted on gun. But I read many reviews stating this before I purchased, so it wasn't unexpected. However it does serve nicely as a spottting scope.

Any recommendations for a variable power scope?

Congrats.....Oh..Uh for some reason I can't seem to see the picture you uploaded:}

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    Been lurking for awhile, and my first post is about pellet guns.:)
    Anyway, I bought a Crossman TR77 pellet rifle for $80 on Woot a few weeks back. This was about 1/2 price of online retail prices. My nephew and I have had much fun with this recently in my back yard. It is powerful (1000 ft/s), shoots cheap .177 pellets, has storage space in the stock, and gives a satisfying grin to my face. It came with a scope, but no iron sights included. My nephew loved the tactical look. I have to admit, the pistol grip is more comfortable than the traditional stock on my Beeman pellet gun.
    Performance:
    It is the spring version, so it is not as quiet as the new piston versions. In fact, I think the first shot broke the sound barrier. I was shocked at the decibel level, but now it has calmed down a bit since shooting a few hundred times. It is plenty accurate enough to take down birds, rats, squirrels, etc. but I don't know how effective it is because I don't like shooting things that I don't plan on eating. I can tell you that it makes ice cubes explode like the Death Star.
    Verdict:
    It was the best $80 I've spent in a long time. I am sure better pellet guns can be found, but that deal on Woot made it a no-brainer.

P.S.
    I am sure you could stuff it in a BOB if you are so inclined.:mamoru:

Top Bottom