ammo shortage - maybe not

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    hello;

9:30am this morning at bass pro in denham springs, la. huge amount of 22lr and 9mm. fed 22lr bulk pack $21.99.

50rd rem 9mm 115 gr fmj $14.99 and umc 9mm 115 grain fmj 250 rd. bulk pack $65.99.

brass case, boxer primed, 55 grain fmj, $9.95 for a box of 20.

they had lots and lots of 22lr, 9mm and 223. ten box limit

rp

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Ammunition Shortage is real and will be for a long time.

Yup. I am sure Bass Pro has lots and lots of ammo.....'til everyone and their wives, and their children, and their children's children buy their 10 box limit within the next 24hrs.

Last edited:

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Judging by the amount of ammo on sites like gunbroker i tend to believe its being picked up before it hits the mass market and is being resold at inflated prices.

bakerman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    St Tammany
    Judging by the amount of ammo on sites like gunbroker i tend to believe its being picked up before it hits the mass market and is being resold at inflated prices.

yep, there is no shortage

many of you are to young to remember what the Hunt brothers did to the silver market in the 70's.

Everyone thinking it's the end, thanks to the anti-gun bunch...then you have the ones buying up ammo and flipping it at high prices and driving up the prices and the people that are willing to pay those prices with no intention of shooting it...just to have it.

Last edited:

bakerman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    St Tammany
    Yup. I am sure Bass Pro has lots and lots of ammo.....'til everyone and their wives, and their children, and their children's children buy their 10 box limit within the next 24hrs.

Yup, your post illustrates exactly why there is no real shortage. This is exactly why there is a perceived shortage,

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    "The MAN is in CONTROL"

Shortage,,,Yea Yea Yea
    Remember this in the 70's?
    Here we are 40+ years later and still controlled by the man:}

qx9mxarz59lmtv7z1ma3.png

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    They actually had wolf 308 at aim surplus this afternoon at 38 cents a round. Went to buy 20 boxes by the time I went to check out it said they only had 11 left. Changed my cart to 11 and it was gone! FML!!!!!

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    Sad part people are doin the same sh!t with ARs. Just saw someone selling a carbon 15 for like $1200, problem is academy in covington had two of them over the weekend for $750!

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Sad part people are doin the same sh!t with ARs. Just saw someone selling a carbon 15 for like $1200, problem is academy in covington had two of them over the weekend for $750!

Yup. The combination of taking advantage of the panic and abusing the system has made the problem much worse than it ever should have been. There will be market fluctuations at times and they will always balance themselves one way or another. Its just sad that our community has chosen to divide itself to make a quick buck.

On a positive note I have seen alot of people NOT take advantage of others and do right by someone else. Hopefully this will remain the rule and not the exception.

Top Bottom