Ammo TAX coming-from someone in the know

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    First of all, in this day and age, just where will the TRUTH be coming from; our Government, the Media? Just where?

Sometimes, this is going to be the only warning we are going to get, from people we deal with on a daily basis. But you can wait and get your information from the "TRUTH" guys, whoever they may be.

I was told, just a few minutes ago, in confidence, by a highly reliable source who has access to government and private databases, that the entire population of Sulphur, Louisiana is going to be relocated to Detroit, Michigan and forced to work at minimum wage as part of the labor pool tasked with the dismantling of the United States auto industry.

Get out while you can. This is will be your only warning. Don't wait for the tanks.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    jimdana1942- No offense is intended from most, and the rest, well they play a little rough at times, thats why they have to wear those helmets, not for any "special" reason. With that being said, dont be shy about flippin the crap back at them. Just dont take/make it personal, roll with it and walk it off. Intell is always appreciated, especially when it has all the who, what, when, and wheres. The whys, everyone is pretty quick on. Please follow up with the information and keep it posted:)

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I was told, just a few minutes ago, in confidence, by a highly reliable source who has access to government and private databases, that the entire population of Sulphur, Louisiana is going to be relocated to Detroit, Michigan and forced to work at minimum wage as part of the labor pool tasked with the dismantling of the United States auto industry.

Get out while you can. This is will be your only warning. Don't wait for the tanks.

weird .. Cause I heard similar about Wagaman and Toledo.. (one of the big three is there..)

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I went to a gunshop today and heard that the US just issued a patent on gun powder that goes inert after 1 year...

I searched for about an hour and couldnt find anything..

This same person said that he thinks the Obama campaign intentionally let that info about seizing 401K leak so that people would draw all their money from the banks.. thus collapsing the bank and the stock market..

Which would in turn open the door for the introduction of the Amero....

Upon hearing this I put on my tinfoil hat and hid under a lead countertop where the black helicopters couldnt see me with their infared cameras..

I didnt make either of those up.. I really heard them.. the paranoia is getting crazy....

Oh forgot.. there was also a mention of 500% tax on guns and ammo.....

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I went to a gunshop today and heard that the US just issued a patent on gun powder that goes inert after 1 year...

I searched for about an hour and couldnt find anything..

This same person said that he thinks the Obama campaign intentionally let that info about seizing 401K leak so that people would draw all their money from the banks.. thus collapsing the bank and the stock market..

Upon hearing this I put on my tinfoil hat and hid under a lead countertop where the black helicopters couldnt see me with their infared cameras..

I didnt make either of those up.. I really heard them.. the paranoia is getting crazy....

Oh forgot.. there was also a mention of 500% tax on guns and ammo.....

wolverine :squint:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La

Speaking of Black Helicopters....

While on my back porch today doing my normal routine with Bubba my Choc Lab (drinking beer and contemplating world issues with Bubba), I DID see 2 F-14 fighters flying towards Baton Rouge and make a loop and head back North / North East.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs

plausable.....but we can read anything we want into just about anything we hear

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Indeed.

But his post was missing all of that. "Soon", and "a person in a position to know", are a bit vague, don't ya think? ;)

Agreed, I figured positive criticism was the appropriate sized wrench to use, hammers are great tools but can be messy.:)

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    ammo tax

yes there is an ammo tax.It is called PITMAN ROBERTS and the gun owners asked for it.it is dedicated to funding range grants and F&G dept.
    and remember nothing can get put thru with out congress voting on it.
    panic buying guns and ammo is great for us because more people will fight against those laws.:)

BlueOwl23

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Big Easy
    Time to put away the denial folks...here is a link to legislation that is floating in the state houses around the country, and this will be just the start.

http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

And to Nick, I have seen those fighters alot here in the Big Sleazy...I have seen them fly across the bridges out to the Gulf and then fly right over the bridges on their return flight to Barksdale.

Not much on the shelf at Academy lastnight.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    Time to put away the denial folks...here is a link to legislation that is floating in the state houses around the country, and this will be just the start.

http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

And to Nick, I have seen those fighters alot here in the Big Sleazy...I have seen them fly across the bridges out to the Gulf and then fly right over the bridges on their return flight to Barksdale.

Not much on the shelf at Academy lastnight.

Mississippi:

Background Information:
    Disposition: Dead
    Deadline: General Bill/Constitutional Amendment
    Revenue: No
    Vote type required: Three/Fifths
    Effective date: July 1, 2008

Alabama:

Bill Status for 541
    Regular Session 2009 12/04/2008 03:28 PM
    0 Instruments
    Not Official Information from the Legislative Offices

Maryland:

House Action

1/30
    First Reading Judiciary & Ways and Means
    Hearing 2/26 at 1:00 p.m. (Judiciary)
    3/10
    Unfavorable Report by Judiciary

Senate Action

No Action

3 states have turned it down or let it slip through the cracks.

From what I can see, no states have actually passed it into law, just passed the buck from one committee to another on who is going to make the decision. I really don't think we have much to worry about, and even if they do it in the more liberal states, this is Louisiana, it won't happen here.

Top Bottom