An Ungrateful Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Well why don't you young ones do something about it?Vote the devils out.Protest and change this country back to what it was.You have the power use it.Don't just be like all others before you and whine about it but do nothing.You have the power of youth behind you and can make things right........Now back to reality The gooberment is like a crackhead wife who wont quit the dope even for her kids sake.NO ONE in politics have any love for there subjects/slaves (us).Voting is a joke.Those that are given the power are by other power hungry ppl not by voting.So what are all of you smart young ones gonna do?Are you gonna just **** and moan but do nothing like all others before you?

You're right. The problem is that to run for any office...It costs way too much money. So because of the cost to run, those who want to run must raise a lot of money. Thats why the lobbyist have so much influence. To Lobby = Bribery

John McCain had the right idea a long time ago. America must have campaign finance reform.

Anyway...since we don't.....we are left with a government which caters to the highest bidder. Those guys who get elected have all been bought and paid for. Such is life. It is what it is.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    If you are 20, that's a good deal. If you are 70, that sucks.

Agreed. But those who are 70 should REALISE that their lifetime of opportunities were made possible by those theft and spending of their money. (false economy, just like the $75 billion/month now)

I'd be find with some compromise other than "I'm a gonna get mine, and SCREW the younger generation (that in the next breath I'll say I feel sorry for)!!"

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If you are 20, that's a good deal. If you are 70, that sucks.

I'm 35 and I understand it sucks more for you but someone's gonna lose out on this deal at some point. Don't take it the wrong way but even a 70yo should had realized many years ago that SS was going downhill. At 18 I realized the gov fails at almost everything and started putting away my own money. I'm willing to take my lost now and let my kids and future grandkids have a better life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Social security was originally ment to supplement not be primary and was ment to be drawn from much closer to the end of life expectancy.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There is a simple solution to these issues. They are called term limits!

A more complicated yet more permanent solution is to march on Washington with pitchforks and shovels, to hold them down by the necks with the pitchforks; and bash their f**king brains in with the shovels!

And finally, have any of you ever wondered how these politicians are so cavalier about destroying the country? How can they be so lustful of power that they will intentionally continue to tow the party line in the wake of proven failed policies? Where do they think they will hide if the whole system collapses as a result of their ideological pursuits?

Look into the psychology of why they persist in implementing policies that are clearly harming the country! It is almost inconceivable.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Assuming we do not have a catastrophic breakdown of the United States Government, this really only plays out in one of three ways:

1. We get our act together by reducing overall expenditures and/or increasing overall revenue until the system is sustainable.
    2. We cut benefits to future retirees and reduce increases to present retirees until the system is sustainable. This includes means testing.
    3. We keep everything the same, but the benefit amount is destroyed via inflation caused by the *printing* of the currency needed to maintain the status quo.

So don’t worry, it’s highly unlikely our *benefits* will be reduced. Not sure what we’re going to be able to buy with them, but we’ll likely get what coming to us. Literally.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Assuming we do not have a catastrophic breakdown of the United States Government, this really only plays out in one of three ways:

1. We get our act together by reducing overall expenditures and/or increasing overall revenue until the system is sustainable.
    2. We cut benefits to future retirees and reduce increases to present retirees until the system is sustainable. This includes means testing.
    3. We keep everything the same, but the benefit amount is destroyed via inflation caused by the *printing* of the currency needed to maintain the status quo.

So don’t worry, it’s highly unlikely our *benefits* will be reduced. Not sure what we’re going to be able to buy with them, but we’ll likely get what coming to us. Literally.

It already is item #3....inflation is calculated by the US Government with a formula which excludes fuel and food....so for the last decade the average retired person has received something like a 1 or 2% increase....while inflation has been raging for food a fuel. Fuel prices have doubled and food has tripled over the last 10 years. And...since all the other crap used to calculate the "basket of goods" has been imported from China...the Fed has been able to say inflation is minimal.

And...thats just for the last 10 years....while the Fed has had the pedal to the metal inflating the economy. And they are not finished. The bottom line is that the Fed has been saving the banks. They want to inflate and need to inflate in order to make all those underwater mortgages held by the banking sector worth less than the houses held as collateral.
    In any case...inflation has been rampant yet official numbers have been held down in order to keep the SS payments to a minimum.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Ungrateful rant, indeed. It truly is ungrateful for a few to gripe about retired people collecting their social security that they contributed into. You excoriate them for not saving enough during boom times as if everyone was rolling in money. IRA's & 401k's didn't exist before the 80's. How many of those 'leeches' created a country where most of you can lay your head down every night with very little fear each night or worry where your next meal will come from? I'm 50 years old and have lived through a fantastic peaceful time, THANKS almost entirely to the generation of my parents. They fought a war that truly threatened the existence of this country and many others. They created such a peacetime dividend and booming economies that allow us to sit around and pontificate grand ideas over the internet. I don't know about you, but my kids live like royalty compared to their grandparents when they were that age. I'm grateful to my elders and know the sacrifices they made for my, and future generations. I wonder how so many self-centered younger people can sit around and complain as they're given everything and it isn't good enough. SS may not be there for you, it may not be there for me either, but I know where to place the blame.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Ungrateful rant, indeed. It truly is ungrateful for a few to gripe about retired people collecting their social security that they contributed into. You excoriate them for not saving enough during boom times as if everyone was rolling in money. IRA's & 401k's didn't exist before the 80's. How many of those 'leeches' created a country where most of you can lay your head down every night with very little fear each night or worry where your next meal will come from? I'm 50 years old and have lived through a fantastic peaceful time, THANKS almost entirely to the generation of my parents. They fought a war that truly threatened the existence of this country and many others. They created such a peacetime dividend and booming economies that allow us to sit around and pontificate grand ideas over the internet. I don't know about you, but my kids live like royalty compared to their grandparents when they were that age. I'm grateful to my elders and know the sacrifices they made for my, and future generations. I wonder how so many self-centered younger people can sit around and complain as they're given everything and it isn't good enough. SS may not be there for you, it may not be there for me either, but I know where to place the blame.

Make ya a deal:

No new taxes collected to fund social security and "they" can collect "every cent that's there that they contributed"

Deal?:rolleyes:

What's that you say? There IS NO MONEY!!!!?!?!

Yes, that's kinda my point.

Oh, and dont pull that "they fought, I haven't, you selfish young one" with all the guys who've spent time in Iraq and/or Afghanistan.... Doesn't work so well!;)

Your being selfish/self centered and trying to prolong the system, so you can "get yours"
    (don't worry, you are probably old enough you will)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom