Anderson Manufacturing Lowers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    Anyone have any opinion on these lowers?

They have a pretty good deal going and I thought about grabbing 10-15 of them for a rainy day.

Just haven't heard too much positive or negative about them.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Have several...and for the price, they are hard to beat. Many of the lowers out there are made all the same, with a different rollmark. The Anderson lowers that I have, have always been in "Spec" and had good fitment to the uppers i have used on several builds. I bought these so that I could put my money into other areas of the rifles (Barrel, BCG, etc)

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I have only one and it functions fine but gen 2 and 3 pmags won't fall free when pressing mag release. Gi mags fall free no problem. The Pmags go in perfectly fine and pull out with no noticable effort but simply won't fall out. It is still very new and I expect it break in and work OK with more time.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I have one and also have issue with the PMAGS dropping free but other than that they are fine. For me the dropping free thing is low on my want list.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I just started a build with an Anderson lower. Gen 2 & Gen 3 PMAG 20/30 rounders drop free just fine.

20481811380_f2cd0494f0_z.jpg

Last edited:

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Anyone have any opinion on these lowers?

They have a pretty good deal going and I thought about grabbing 10-15 of them for a rainy day.

Just haven't heard too much positive or negative about them.

Glad you started this thread... I was just coming to post the same thing.. I'm going to pick up a couple of Anderson lowers tomorrow just or the hell of it.

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    I saw them on sale here locally for $38.95 and that's a nice price even if they are blems as long as they function Going to pick up a couple tomm afternoon to salt away for future use. It would be crazy not to since they will jump in price again.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I have two, went together without a hitch. PMAGs do not fall free from mine either, but come out easily. Sluzer Firearms here in BR is carrying them (unblemished) for under $40. Great deal. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Where are they located, I've never heard of them. For that price I need a few.

http://www.sulzerfirearms.com

He is not a store front gun shop, he is in he process of moving into a store front. He hasn't updated the stuff on his site in a while, so you won't find the lowers there. He does $10 transfers near the college/Perkins intersection. I use him for all my transfers, he is a great guy. He is also a member on BS. Contact him and set up a time to pick up a few receivers.

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered some from Classic Arms and AIM Surplus both on line. ($39.99 & $34.99)

But then you have to pay transfer and shipping fees, I would prefer to buy locally.

Last edited:

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I just finished a rifle build with an Anderson lower and Anderson lower parts kit. I didn't have any issues with the stripped lower and the parts kit has the nicest out of the box trigger pull I've seen on a cheap kit. Its a little stiff, but very short and crisp (with out being stoned).

The lower came from Acadiana Gun Works in Scott, LA ($65 + $6.50 tax) and the parts kits were ordered from Copes's Distributing (49.99 w/free shipping).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom