Another best wife in the world thread...Look what she bought me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    My birthday is coming up this week and she decided to surprise me with a early gift, mainly because she knew she would not be able to hide it. My two girls helped me unwrap the case, and I asked my oldest (2.5years old) what is it? She replied "Daddy, its your new gum!" My wife picked it out completely on her own with no input from me or any of my shooting friends (I'm not really sure she knew exactly what she was buying at the time). I added the leupold rings and the banner 4-12x40 until I can get some better glass for it.

9326b384.jpg

c71de372.jpg

856cbaf2.jpg

a754efb2.jpg

6bc86800.jpg

0d7f0862.jpg

65335354.jpg

Last edited:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes and compliments on the new rifle. From what I can tell the only thing left that is factory ruger is the mag and trigger group. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet but it sure does feel slick. With TS's double guide rod system it is supposed to be a smooth shooter. Maybe after work tomorrow I will have a chance to sight her in.

I think this goes past brownie points hattrick, but I did have the nerve to ask where the matching suppressor is... maybe next time. :x:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    My wife did the same for me a couple weeks ago. We went to Louisiana to visit my family for my birthday and she surprised me with a hard-to-find Bersa BP9CC. Awesome wife, as well as your's!

Congratulations!!!

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    needs a can ASAP

Is it bad that I made that request before thanking her? :eek3:

Happy birthday! Enjoy that sweet lil' piece, but it seemed the wife was a better gift! She is a keeper!

That she is.

excellent find!
    Where did you meet her?
    At McNesse, at the BCM (baptist collegiate ministry) even though we are both catholic. We were also in band together.

As far as the gun... I took it out Tuesday after work for a quick sight in and to see how it would group at 50 yards. I did not have time to set up my shooting table, so I threw a bag on the seat of my four wheeler to use as a front rest. It held 3/4" outside-to-outside 5shot groups from a very unstable rest using CCI AR Tactical bulk ammo. I picked up 5 different boxes of 22 ammo yesterday at the local shop to see what groups best when I have time to sit down and do it properly. Last night I stripped the gun down for a good cleaning and found some issues that warrants a call to TacSol. I will give details after I speak to them.

Top Bottom