Another Big Cat Spotted...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    They're here again? They never left been here and they're not black either, LDWF biologists say there's never been a report on record or in history of a "BLACK" panther ! They are however a very dark brown or what google calls "melanistic" which is a term used to refer to other species of cat such as jaguars or leopards, but panthers are not black !!!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

OK the report on the news said.......... "We were standing about 100 feet away and you could see it. It was very large," Irwin said.

Fory explained that she grabbed her HD camera and put an extended lens on and quickly snapped several pictures.

Now Mcinfantry you're a photographer and I've seen your photos so what kind of picture would you have gotten at 100' with a HD camera?

I love it that one of he biggest damn predators in the U.S. just hangs around in a open yard 100' away while they get the camera.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    OK the report on the news said.......... "We were standing about 100 feet away and you could see it. It was very large," Irwin said.

Fory explained that she grabbed her HD camera and put an extended lens on and quickly snapped several pictures.

Now Mcinfantry you're a photographer and I've seen your photos so what kind of picture would you have gotten at 100' with a HD camera?

I love it that one of he biggest damn predators in the U.S. just hangs around in a open yard 100' away while they get the camera.

100 feet away....

her pic sucks ass

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The facebook pic looks like the one I saw, crossing Hwy. 70 south of Donaldsonville.
    Same squatty long body. The tail looked longer on the one I saw.

Big Jake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    We used to have a North American spotted leopard or big cat that was to believe to be hunted to extinction. Look it up not make believe. I heard stories of big cats in Livingston Parrish from family verbal history. I never seen one but why is so hard to believe that a few remain in small pockets. Of course the stories I heard are from the 30s and 40s when there might have been more because of more habitat. If you research spotted cats they can be black with dark charcoal spots. Hence big black cats that make aweful sounds at night. You can't see gravity just the evidence. There is enough evidence to say that it is at least possible even though few have seen. I don't need a state official, educated idiot, or who ever to validate my opinion. If I'm in the woods big cat will be on list of things that might want to have me for lunch. I never been robbed but carry a gun so tell me if I'm wrong. I watch the news and listen to evidence of others who have been victims.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    We used to have a North American spotted leopard or big cat that was to believe to be hunted to extinction. Look it up not make believe. I heard stories of big cats in Livingston Parrish from family verbal history. I never seen one but why is so hard to believe that a few remain in small pockets. Of course the stories I heard are from the 30s and 40s when there might have been more because of more habitat. If you research spotted cats they can be black with dark charcoal spots. Hence big black cats that make aweful sounds at night. You can't see gravity just the evidence. There is enough evidence to say that it is at least possible even though few have seen. I don't need a state official, educated idiot, or who ever to validate my opinion. If I'm in the woods big cat will be on list of things that might want to have me for lunch. I never been robbed but carry a gun so tell me if I'm wrong. I watch the news and listen to evidence of others who have been victims.

Dude,

I heard you were dead!

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    I know for a fact they've had at least one cougar around Lake Fausse Pointe. I've seen the tracks and my uncle took a couple plaster casts at his camp near Lake Dauterive. WLF biologists DNA tested some scat at the State Park and confirmed it to be from a cougar.

As far as the face book post? I say big house cat or maybe jaguarundi. Unless somebody let another savanna cat loose. We had a couple runways here in Youngsville last year.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    [Psst] The old people called these Sabine Bottom Cats or river cats, However since it's not on the Intranet-webz,They dont exist. If you see a pair of yellow eyes looking at you while squirrel hunting close to low limb oak trees just keep moving. Underware are cheap at Wally world. All of them are black btw.

QUOTE=BobKaro;1273102]I know for a fact they've had at least one cougar around Lake Fausse Pointe. I've seen the tracks and my uncle took a couple plaster casts at his camp near Lake Dauterive. WLF biologists DNA tested some scat at the State Park and confirmed it to be from a cougar.

As far as the face book post? I say big house cat or maybe jaguarundi. Unless somebody let another savanna cat loose. We had a couple runways here in Youngsville last year.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    They're here again? They never left been here and they're not black either, LDWF biologists say there's never been a report on record or in history of a "BLACK" panther ! They are however a very dark brown or what google calls "melanistic" which is a term used to refer to other species of cat such as jaguars or leopards, but panthers are not black !!!
    I beg to differ...:D

new-black-panther-party-trayvon-martin-copy.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom