Another blow for ammo prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    That's pretty sad. I wonder how much of the market share they had? I wonder how ready is the competition to take up some slack.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    That's pretty sad. I wonder how much of the market share they had? I wonder how ready is the competition to take up some slack.

HERCULANEUM • About 145 employees of the Doe Run lead smelter have learned they will lose their jobs at the end of December because of the plant’s closure, the Doe Run Co. said Wednesday. An additional 73 contractor jobs also will be eliminated.

The job cuts were expected. The plant, which has operated for more than a century and is the lone remaining lead smelter in the United States, announced in 2010 that it will cease operations at the end of this year.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said the company “made a business decision” to shut down the smelter instead of installing pollution control technologies needed to reduce sulfur dioxide and lead emissions as required by the Clean Air Act.

Seems like it would undermine national security to close the only lead smelter in the country. :(
    Nice work Mr. President.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Sad thing is it's probably cheaper to buy from China anyway even with shipping costs. All the tube steel I've bought lately is made in China.

Top Bottom