another ccw application question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swood

dood
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    West Monroe
    A friend of mine wants to get her permit because she's often in unfamiliar areas due to her work (own's her own buisness).
    Question is....
    Can or will she be denied a permit based on her husband being a convicted felon or is spousal infomation even looked into?
    It may be a dumb question but I was just trying get some info for her.
    Thanks

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    It shouldnt, if you look at page 3 all it says is marital status (single,married,divorced, widow)

it doesnt ask any info on your significant other, at the same time do remind her that "some" convicted felons may NOT posses firearms so it could create a problem down the road if they are not carefull on how and what they do since they do live under the same roof.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The bigger question is can she even own a gun in the same house as a felon. Depending on what he is convicted of, she may not even be able to have the gun anywhere he can easily to control/posession of it.

I could e completely wrong but it's worth looking into.

swood

dood
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    West Monroe
    ok thanks.....I'll tell her about the posed "bigger question" and look into that too. I do know his conviction was long ago and he's not had any active "monitoring" for a long time so will look into things regarding his situation and all.
    thanks guys

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    An example used in my class was if they would be in the same car and he was in the passenger seat and the firearm was in the glove box that if they would be pulled over he could get in trouble because he would easily be able to access it. It would have to stay on her person at all times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom