Another Dress Code News Story

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/24/student-sent-home-support-troops-shirt-army-base

Man, people are raging about this one too.

So what's y'all thoughts on this one?

The 12-year-old daughter of a U.S. soldier deployed overseas was reportedly sent home from school by administrators for violating the dress code. Cejai Taylor wore a red t-shirt to honor her father, Sgt. James Taylor, and other service members. It was part of a "red shirt day" campaign that she hoped to start at the school.

But administrators reportedly objected because the shirt did not have a collar, though they are taking another look at their policy.

And here's the kicker. This all happened at Mahaffey Middle School, which is located on Fort Campbell Army Base in Kentucky.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Sounds like someone isn't too rational about the collared shirt rule.

Being on an Army base, I have a hard time believing this was anything against the troops.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    Really folks? On a 'special dress' day?

Come on. So she could have worn some anti-US shirt that day and gotten the everliving crap beaten out of her by the other students......and that would have been ok if it had a freaking COLLAR???

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My thoughts?

I am starting to believe that this is litmus testing by phony liberals!

To the tune of Scooby-Doo!

"A - C - L - U where are you? We got some work to do now! A - C - L - U, you worthless f**ks; you!.............."

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I personally don't see the issue here in regards to their rules. It is a documented rule at the school that states that all shirts must have collars. It wasn't a "special shirt day". The girl was trying to make it a special shirt day. She did t speak with the administration of the school, she didn't get permission. Instead she chose to made the decision to wear a t shirt that was against the rules of her school and they sent her home for the day for being out of uniform.

The media also states that she was expelled, meaning kicked out of school for good, when in fact she was sent home for the day for being out of dress.

All that said, I support her cause, and her loyalty to her father and other military personnel, but she went about doing it in the wrong way.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I personally don't see the issue here in regards to their rules. It is a documented rule at the school that states that all shirts must have collars. It wasn't a "special shirt day". The girl was trying to make it a special shirt day. She did t speak with the administration of the school, she didn't get permission. Instead she chose to made the decision to wear a t shirt that was against the rules of her school and they sent her home for the day for being out of uniform.

The media also states that she was expelled, meaning kicked out of school for good, when in fact she was sent home for the day for being out of dress.

All that said, I support her cause, and her loyalty to her father and other military personnel, but she went about doing it in the wrong way.

And you are right!

We in this country, are now fighting against the stupidest battles. We have REAL issues that need to be dealt with, and this is the "News!?!"

My kids are screwed!

13f3p

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    madisonville, la.

i'm with you on this one.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    At my highschool the rule was collared shirts and dress slacks. If you came to school in anything that didnt have a collar you either were sent home or forced to do hard labor all day, such as pulling weeds or cleaning any part of the school. In this case I do not disagree at all. She broke the rules and faced the consequences. The end.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    matticus1631
    Top Bottom