Another "Gun Went Off While Cleaning It" Death; WTF? *Update*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Talon65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Oak Harbor Washington
    My personal favorite is the big black dude talking about how he is billy badass and thats why he gets to carry a "fourdy" then he goes and finger ####'s his gun and shoots himself in a room full of children and parents. I may not be the best or brightest and I know we all make mistakes but when I was a boy my old man got a piece of cardstock with the "10 comandments of gun safety" and he stuck it in my room where I had to look at it every day. And one of those rules said thou shalt not finger #### a loaded gun. Ok Im paraphrasing.

I've seen that one lol just shook my head and thought about what a friend of mine said ... "ya caint fix stoopid oh ya cain pause it fer a little bit with a louisville slugger to the back of the noddin butcha jus caint fix it permanent like" .... that said on this particular cause it sounds fishy as hell to me

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My personal favorite is the big black dude talking about how he is billy badass and thats why he gets to carry a "fourdy" then he goes and finger ####'s his gun and shoots himself in a room full of children and parents.

I've seen that one lol just shook my head...

That moron could have killed someone in that room. I would have been livid if that was my kids school room. He should have been terminated by his department on the spot! Sadly, I bet he is still there.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    http://patch.com/virginia/ashburn/former-redskins-player-charged-accidentally-shooting-himself-0

How about shoot yourself cleaning your gun, then get arrested for it later! LMAO!! :mamoru: Saw this a few days ago.

Now I will probably get reamed, but dummy plays with loaded gun gets extra body piercing no victims. Natural consequences should be good enough. Injure someone or damage their property, and I change my tune. But for that guy, I have to think he has leaned his lesson.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No indictment! Grand Jury said there is not enough evidence!

Family still believes it was intentional!

Sorry! Update is family does not think it was intentional! They are dismayed at the process and the husband however.

Last edited:

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    These acts of negligence have always happened. They are not new nor are they increasing if you can believe the published count of firearm deaths.

I would note that in the past these cleaning "accidents" were sometimes suicides that the family chose to cover up as accidents.

I would note though that these acts of negligence now seen to make the news much more often and a person might assume that the increased publications of these events likely serve someone's agenda. Perhaps the anti-gun folks, perhaps not.
    20 years of experience says I have to agree. There are more cases of this than I care to count.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We are breaking gun sales records year after year. Stupid sh** like this will happen more frequently, unfortunately.

How about this? Last month (April 2016), was the single highest total of NICS reports to date, and that is on top of each of the last 6 consecutive months where the record was broken over the month before!

That is a lot of background checks folks!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    How about this? Last month (April 2016), was the single highest total of NICS reports to date, and that is on top of each of the last 6 consecutive months where the record was broken over the month before!

And here I haven't bought one since November. I need to fix that. :D

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

What a waste of money! 99.9% of the time these checks are for nothing or it results in a stupid delay or false positive. So few people are denied who are actual felons that we just end up wasting money. I know two dealers who have told me that they never ever had a single denial. They both see the NICS check as a pain in the ass.

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    I dont understand how someone can not know a round is in the chamber. Its not like a gun has a place for bullets to hide. If the magazine is empty or theres no magazine in the gun and the chamber is empty, where else could a round be be hiding?

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    After watching a guy polish his revolver while continuing to point the barrel at himself I'm not surprised to see this kinda stuff. He was doing that while at a concealed carry class. Very bad habit to have but hey I guess it's better than having a fingerprint on your shiny revolver.

Top Bottom