Another hunt... dangit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Went hunting yesterday and today. Made a quick trip up to Mississippi yesterday afternoon and made it to the blind by 4.

Right at dusk (just when I couldnt see crap because of the fog) a doe and a buck walked to the edge of my field at about 100~150yds. The buck kept moving and didnt stop until he was behind a huge pine tree. No shot. By the time he walked back out I could not see 15 feet in front of me! I was bummed!

This morning went about the same way. Two or three does walked out into the same clearing but got spooked and bounded off in the other direction before I could even get to the rifle.

C'est la vie, I guess. Maybe next hunt! Talk about a freaking bummer to see a fairly large ~6 point get away because of a damn tree. (btw the only tree he could have stopped behind in this clearing.)

Maybe next week.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hell.....I'm 1 for 4 this year. Missed one this morning at 50 yds with the slug gun. Come to find out, the tree I thought was behind him was in fron of him. Lucky deer.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Heck... I'm now Deer 2 - Me 0!

One of these days!

Saw the biggest bobcat I've ever seen though. I wasnt able to get my rifle on him in time though... he was moving at a good pace through a narrow walkway... would have been a nice second place prize.

Top Bottom