Another MTAC thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frnchyse

Will work for ammo!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Metairie
    Hey guys I'm going to purchase an MTAC and was wondering what clips do you think are better the C clips or the standard clips. I'm really not too worried about seeing the clips just as in supporting the gun. And yes I already have a gun belt so that part is covered.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    According to Comptac, the C clips give better support. I have the C clips and draw is pretty good, but I have never tried the J clips to have a comparison.

Frnchyse

Will work for ammo!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Metairie
    I think I'm leaning more towards the standard just because my normal place of business is posted so I have to secure it in my car. I think the C clips will be more of a pain to take off and put on.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I like the C-clips because they're sturdier, and you KNOW they're on and will stay on. With my last holster, there were times I'd realize my J clips had come unhooked. That would've sucked if I actually needed to draw my weapon. Also, the C-clips show less. They are a little more involved to take on/off, but once you get the hang of it it takes maybe 2 seconds.

Frnchyse

Will work for ammo!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Metairie
    I just said f it and got the C clamps. I figured if I didn't like them I could just order the standard clips. But shhhh don't tell the wifey she doesn't know I ordered it yet.

Top Bottom