Another pirate attack

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeek

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Denham Springs
    ^ thats real intelligent.

There is another debate on the legality of Israel's boarding since Gaza has been deprived of basic needs items for a long period. It can be considered collective punishment in violation of the Geneva convention. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/01/AR2010060102934_pf.html

Any way you look at it, killing humanitarian aid workers is going to lead to problems in todays world. Israel F'd up and are in damage control mode using every outlet available to convince you that these people were terrorists and Israel was just defending themselves. To help restore their image they should let the Irish folks on the Rachel Corrie pass to Gaza. They should be heading that way.

If those "aid" workers would send in a shipment without weapons on board and let it be inspected for weapons, Gaza probably would not be deprived of basic needs.

If those "aid" workers had not attacked military personnel as shown on video, they would not have gotten killed. They are lucky the ship was not sunk.

No matter how much you hate Israel, you should still look at this stuff with some common sense. I'm not on anyone's side, just trying to look at it from both sides.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So North Korea torpedoes a S. Korean patrol vessel killing several and wounding many and nothing much happens from it.

Israeli soldiers board this vessel, 7 are killed, and the world goes batsh*t crazy over it.

There's something very wrong with that thinking........

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    I haven't seen any solid proof that N. Korea is responsible. Considering the outcome past naval incidents, I'm waiting. No denial about who was responsible for the flotilla killings.

What weapons? The bats, hosepipes, and gas masks in the video? Both sides have video, both sides claim the other fired first and neither video clearly shows that.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Khazarians claim to own ALL peoples of non-Khazarian descent. How one who is not their kin support them I'll never know...

It was a US-flagged vessel in international waters... and yet many here claim to be "patriots"... Remember my definition of "stupid"? Self-imposed ignorance, arrogantly defended and when faced with overwhelming evidence contrary to widely held beliefs responds with apathy (or attack). Well, "America" ( I place it in quotes because this is not an ideal American trait) you've earned it.

Reminds me of the U.S.S. Liberty, Part II. And oddly the ship is named after another murdered American, Rachel Corrie. Look her up if and only if (i.e., iff) you care.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Israel did what they had to. Does everyone forget how many Israeli's were killed by the Hamas rocket attacks in to Israel?

They shoulda responded with Davy Crockett recoiless rifle fired .01 kiliton nukes during the rockets attacks. Saw a demo of one being fired on the history channel yesterday. Explosive power of 10 tons of tnt.

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    Rocket attacks? You mean those homemade things that were usually duds or ended up in a vacant lot? They did beat the odds and kill a few Israelis. People tend to do stupid stuff like that when you take their land, bulldoze their homes and send them to a confined area.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    The Khazarians claim to own ALL peoples of non-Khazarian descent. How one who is not their kin support them I'll never know...

It was a US-flagged vessel in international waters... and yet many here claim to be "patriots"... Remember my definition of "stupid"? Self-imposed ignorance, arrogantly defended and when faced with overwhelming evidence contrary to widely held beliefs responds with apathy (or attack). Well, "America" ( I place it in quotes because this is not an ideal American trait) you've earned it.

Reminds me of the U.S.S. Liberty, Part II. And oddly the ship is named after another murdered American, Rachel Corrie. Look her up if and only if (i.e., iff) you care.

Rachel Corrie was a terrorist, she wasn't murdered, she was killed during a act of terrorism.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Rocket attacks? You mean those homemade things that were usually duds or ended up in a vacant lot? They did beat the odds and kill a few Israelis. People tend to do stupid stuff like that when you take their land, bulldoze their homes and send them to a confined area.

We probably ought to give texas, arizona, and New mexico back to the mexicans huh? :rolleyes:

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    We probably ought to give texas, arizona, and New mexico back to the mexicans huh? :rolleyes:

From what I've seen, they've all but raised the Mexican flag there anyway. I see your similarities, we've done the same stuff to a lesser degree. The real problem from my point of view is eventually these people are going to be refugees and you know they'll be coming here. Nothing against them, but I'd rather they stay there.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Rachel Corrie played a stupid game and lost. Score one for the bulldozer.

Rachel Corrie teaching the kids how to burn a mock American flag. :mad:

dz6g638qbdypn8ka6veo.jpg

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/5864

Art

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville

I did look it up. sounds to me like she committed suicide. This quote from her mother comes from the Wiki page that pops up for Rachel Corrie: "Corrie was born on April 10, 1979, and raised in Olympia, Washington, United States. She was the youngest of the three children of Craig Corrie, an insurance executive, and Cindy Corrie, an amateur flautist. Cindy Corrie describes their family as "average Americans — politically liberal, economically conservative, middle class". How can you be politically liberal AND economically conservative? What does that even mean? That you're OK giving other people's money away but not your own? Sounds like full-on liberals to me! It not only sounds contradictory but very much like a recipe for failure if attempted around kids. No different than trying to raise heterosexual kids at Rosie O'Donnell's house or teaching kids raised in a whorehouse to abstain from sex. Maybe it's just me...

It seems like she martyred herself for the Palestineans and they've honored her name with a boat, but murdered she was not. I think your definition of stupid shown above applies rather strongly in Ms. Corrie's case of sitting in front of this armored D-9. I think her parents actions of bringing suit against Caterpillar for responsibility of Rachel's death confirm that the whole house suffers.

250px-D9R-pic0010.jpg

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    You guys are telling me that Israel intentionally ran this girl over with a bulldozer, but shes the terrorist? How about the other girl that had a tear gas can aimed at her head at close range, or the 19 year old off the boat with 4 bullet holes in his head? It's a shame that Israel can get away with murdering US citizens with no recourse. Rachel Corrie was a good person, anyone willing to risk their life to help less fortunate others is a humanitarian, not a terrorist. Burning the flag (even the kids colored one) is the wrong way to try to show America what their taxdollars are supporting. Desperate people do desperate things.

Heres one of our own just released from Israel telling his story. It's pretty messed up that he didn't recieve assistance from the US gov't.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think that Rachal Corrie was highly inspired/motivated but naive; grossly so. Not really my kind of person but she was motivated to correct a wrong. Her methods may not have been on our "approved" list but she was purposely run over by thugs. She's not alone.

Question: How many US sailors were murdered and crippled on the USS Liberty? If the attackers had been Iranian would those of you who excuse this disaster have the same apathetic view of it. I already KNOW the answer which speaks volumes...

Top Bottom