Another Ruger LCP 380 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    Is there any way to adjust the loooooong trigger pull on this gun? I bought my wife one and she hates the trigger pull. I don't like it much myself. Is there any way to make it any better? Thanks

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    It's pretty much the standard for pocket guns. You wouldn't want to be grabbing for change and just nudge the trigger and it go off. All it takes is a little practice!

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    IMO, it sucks if you have small hands. The gun is a good FIT for small hands but the long trigger pull almost makes you have to reposition you hand halfway through the pull. I like the S&W 438/638 more and more as a solution to that problem.

638bodyguardpink.jpg

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    There is a world of difference in shooting my new LCP and shooting my friend's LCP that has about 400 rounds through it.

But the trigger pull is about the same between them.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The trigger will smoothen out a little. You don't want to tinker with it. It's a pocket gun designed for self defense not range guns, they all suck to shoot.

rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    Thanks for the replys. I know you don't want it so light that it will get bumped in your pocket and go off but it just seems extra long. This is the first (Pocket gun) I have fooled with so I guess I might have been expecting too much. I am going to get her to shoot it more and try to get used to it. If not I may have to go the revolver route for her. Thanks again.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    The LCP isn't about "use your fingertip, squeeze the trigger, pull straight back. . . " etc etc and hitting a target at 25 or 50 yards. It's about yanking that trigger when there's a badguy right next to you.

To alter the trigger would, IMO, defeat the purpose of the LCP. But it's your gun so do what you like :)

For a range gun I'd go for a 9mm or a .22, or a larger .380. But I'm sure you could put a lot of rounds through the LCP.

Personally I only shoot a couple mags or so through the LCP at the range. It's not very fun to shoot, not at all a range gun. It's by far the nicest gun to carry though :cool:

Top Bottom