Another Sig P320 Injury.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hammer guns are great, but having a hammer is not a universal savior. The pistol that was dropped recently and killed a RO at a match was a CZ Shadow 2, which is a hammer fired DA/SA pistol without a firing pin block. It doesn't matter if the gun is striker fired or hammer fired, you must ensure your holster is free of obstructions prior to reholstering and you must be conscious of where your trigger finger placement is.

The sole reason the Blackhawk Serpa was banned by FLETC was because it created an unsafe environment by increasing the chances of the user pulling the trigger on the draw. That is a prime example of user error, but it's also amplified by the equipment. Using the improper holster is no different.

I'll wait until Sig inspects the pistol mentioned in the article, but I don't suspect they will find anything out of the ordinary.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    That’s what I was referring to, as in cocked. Where the striker sits on the safety plunger would most likely produce a *light strike* if released from that position.

The newer P320 also sits on a *safety* which the trigger merely pushes it out of the way. It is fully ready to fire if and when the safety is pushed out of the way, and does.

they opted for no trigger safety like most striker fired pistols, but also a short and fairly light trigger pull. A recipe for disaster.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That’s what I was referring to, as in cocked. Where the striker sits on the safety plunger would most likely produce a *light strike* if released from that position.

The newer P320 also sits on a *safety* which the trigger merely pushes it out of the way. It is fully ready to fire if and when the safety is pushed out of the way, and does.

they opted for no trigger safety like most striker fired pistols, but also a short and fairly light trigger pull. A recipe for disaster.

The P320's that I've shot, including some of the X-series P320's, never had a short and light trigger pull. The design of the striker safety prevents the striker from being released until the trigger is pulled. Outside of someone disassembling the firearm and reassembling it incorrectly, parts breakage, or pure negligence, this shouldn't have happened.

I have other reasons to not want a P320, but it's not due to a potential flaw in the safety mechanism.

As for Glocks, the striker cannot be released from that position unless the trigger bar simultaneously pushes the striker rearward (off of the plunger) and pushes the striker block plunger upward.

Top Bottom